"What's in it for us?" Sasuke asked.

"The bijuu," Obito said simply.

"Bijuu?" Sasuke wore a confused expression.

"Don't you know anything?" Obito asked, partly annoyed.

"Those things? They're like the Kyuubi's buddies. Massive concentrations of chakra transformed into magical animals with tails-" Karin began.

"What. Are. They." Sasuke sounded annoyed.

"Monsters made of chakra. Shodai once had a number of them under his control. Hashirama split them up amongst the Five Great Ninja Countries when he began peace talks with them to balance out power. You could call them the ultimate chakra weapons . . . Not a bad trade, right?" Obito said.

Karin pouted and crossed her arms.

"That's pretty generous of you," Sasuke stated skeptically.

"However, betray the Akatsuki, and I'll see to it that you all die," Obito added.

Sasuke released a short chuckle of cold amusement before Kisame spoke.

"There are nine Bijuu in this world. We've gathered seven so far. Just two to go."

"Akatsuki and 'Taka' will split up to hunt the remaining two. That's our present goal," Obito announced.

"So you haven't gotten the Kyuubi yet . . ." Sasuke trailed off.

"Akatsuki will take care of Naruto. 'Taka' will take care of the other targets," Obito declared firmly.

"I will accompany 'Taka' to ensure their loyalty and to intervene when necessary," Kiyomi said.

Obito nodded, considering that Kiyomi felt more obliged to help the Akatsuki. This fact was true. Obito adjourned the meeting but held Kiyomi back.

"You're not planning on betraying me anytime soon, are you?" he asked.

"If I were to join Nagato and Konan, the three of us would most likely obliterate Konoha. I also hold a grudge against a certain elder there, so I wouldn't be able to control myself and might fail my mission. I want to visit Kumogakure as well," Kiyomi explained. "So, no, I do not plan on betraying you."

Obito made a small snort of doubt and waved her off. Kiyomi snuck out of the room and entered Itachi's old room. She found one of Itachi's old hair ties. It was the same deep red as the Sharingan. Kiyomi smiled softly and spun her hair into a high ponytail. She took Itachi's and Shisui's katanas and secured them behind her back. She found Taka perched in the common room. They were all silent as she entered the room. The signature Akatsuki cloak was draped over their shoulders. Kiyomi tossed Kusanagi to Sasuke and cracked her knuckles in anticipation.

"Well?" Karin sniffed.

"If you're expecting me to use my Shunshin no Jutsu to take us to Kumogakure, you are incorrect."

Sasuke sighed. "Let's go."

"Just don't get in my way," Suigetsu warned.

"I could say the same to you," Kiyomi replied curtly.

"The gall!" Suigetsu cried.

"Shut up, Suigetsu!" Karin shouted. "You're bothering Sasuke-kun!"

Kiyomi rolled her eyes and flew out of the exit. She performed a series of acrobatics and landed in a tree, using chakra to keep her balance.

"Tch, show off," Karin muttered.

"I'll meet the four of you there," Kiyomi called. "Shunshin no Jutsu!"