Kiyomi lunged forward, disregarding her instincts to run far away. She reached Itachi just as Sasuke passed out. Kiyomi screamed for the world to hear her anguish. At that moment she despised Sasuke, Konohagakure, and Shimura Danzo. Sobs racked her body as she clutched the cold corpse of Uchiha Itachi.

A presence appeared near the two Uchiha. Kiyomi shot up to glare at the newly arrived Obito, her tears accentuating the angry crimson of her Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan.

"Whoa, didn't come here to start a fight. I'm here to pick up Itachi and Sasuke. Hurry up if you don't want to fight Konohagakure ninjas," Obito said.

"I assume you'll be at the hideout, then?" Kiyomi queried, trying to regain her dignity.

Obito nodded once before spiraling away. Kiyomi stood and retrieved Kusanagi. She gripped it tightly and waited.

"There's still a trace of the scent," Inuzuka Kiba said.

"Naruto . . ." Sai trailed off.

Naruto grit his teeth in pain. Kiyomi scoffed and emerged from her hiding spot.

"Who are you?" Kakashi questioned cautiously.

"You don't remember me, Hatake Kakashi? I suppose you wouldn't. After all, I was only twelve at the time," Kiyomi hissed.

Kuroshigan slowly twisted into her eyes, nullifying the Sharingan.

"Sakkaku-"

"You're that girl Sasuke talked about!" Naruto exclaimed, cutting Kakashi off.

Kiyomi flashed a twisted grin. "Ah, the baka. I remember you. Tell me: are you still an incompetent disgrace? By the looks of your inability to track Sasuke, I'd take that as a definite yes."

Naruto's gaze hardened, and he looked to the ground in silent fury.

"Oi, you need to shut the hell up!" Sakura shouted.

"What is the pathetic brute going to do about it?" Kiyomi spat, brandishing Kusanagi. "I could cut you down right now."

Sakura opened her mouth to set the agonized kunoichi in her place when Kakashi stepped forward.

"Now, Sakkaku, you don't want to fight with us do you?"

"Right now, I couldn't care less about what happens. I would like to murder anyone who works or has worked under Shimura Danzo. He deserves to die! Anyone who has the audacity to submit to his reign of idiocy should receive the same punishment!" Kiyomi snarled.

Sai shifted slightly, and it did not go unnoticed by Kiyomi.

"I see. You're the spy, aren't you? You report to that trash of the results, am I correct? That man will die and so will you." Kiyomi twirled Kusanagi menacingly.

"Oi, if you wanna kill him, you go through me first, dattebayo!" Naruto vowed.

"How cute. Defending a dead man." Kiyomi narrowed her cobalt eyes. "Heed my warning, shinobi of Konohagakure: cease you relentless pursuit of Sasuke. If we cross paths again, I will not hesitate in obliterating you with the whole of my strength."

With her last statement, Kiyomi directed Amaterasu flames in front of the Konoha shinobi. She flashed away, leaving an air lingering with hate.

"Hn, are you quite alright, Tobi?" Kiyomi taunted.

"Shut your mouth."

"After you," Kiyomi said coldly.