Chapter 65 - Ryan's POV

~ 1 year later ~

"Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck," Elle flies around her room. She opens and closes every drawer looking for who knows what.

I glance at my watch before watching her sprint into the bathroom. We're going to be late and Elle hates being late.

"What are you looking for?" I finally sigh, pushing off the wall.

"The fucking thing," she waves her arms around. "You know, the thing!"

My brows lift, "what thing?"

Elle braces her hands against the marble countertop. She drops her head, closes her eyes, and takes a deep breath. Just as I'm about to ask how I can help, she screams. Like top of her fucking voice screams.

The high pitch shrill echoes in the bathroom and I take a clumsy step back. The door to her room flies open and two soldiers hurry inside, guns raised.

"It's fine," I hold up my hand to stop them. "She's fine."

"Se il tuo nome non è Ryan, quel cazzo di Carter, vattene dal culo," Elle calls out.
(If your name isn't Ryan fucking Carter get the fuck out)

I offer the soldiers a shrug. They might be able to ignore me but they can't ignore her. They both hesitate for a moment before leaving.

"Elle," I return to the bathroom and place my hands on her shoulders. "You need to chill the fuck out."

"You need to-" she frowns. "I don't know what you need to do but you need to do something."

I sigh and pull her into a hug. She quickly wraps her arms around my shoulders, embedding her face into my chest. She was right, I did need to do something.

"Why are you panicking?" I ask quietly.

"It has to be perfect," her voice is slightly muffled. "I have to be perfect."

"Everything is exactly as it should be," I assure her. "I'm serious, you need to relax."

"Vaffanculo," she mutters.
(Fuck you)

I chuckle, "that's more like it."

She pulls away and glares at me, "did you take my ring?"

"That's what you're looking for?" I ask. "It's in the box with the other shit."

Her shoulders visibly drop, "thanks."

"Go finish getting ready," I look at my watch again. "We have seven minutes."

"Motherfucker!" Elle storms back into the bathroom.

The loud whirring of the hair dryer turns on and I sit down on the edge of her bed. A lot has happened in the last year. Lina, Noah, me and the rest of the crew finally graduated. Hannah went back home for university. Noah and Akio got accepted into the same school somewhere in France. Lina came with me to America but goes to school in California.

I'm still working with the DiSilva family meaning I spend the vast majority of my time in New York. But I make it a point to visit Lina at least four or five times a month. And whenever she has a break at school, I fly her out to New York.

Duke and Elle have both been studying at NYU. He's on an accelerated engineering program for computer hardware. Apparently it's one of the most lucrative legal jobs out there. I'll admit, I had my doubts about him and Elle. About how well their relationship would work out. About any ulterior motives he might have. But I'm beyond grateful to admit that I was wrong.

Elle just finished up training with Luca. He's taught her everything he could. Fighting, shooting, torturing, shipping, alliances; all of it. And it's finally her turn. It's finally time for her to take her rightful place.