Chapter 27 - Ryan's POV

Warning: violence

I'm gonna kill him. Really, I'm about to go fucking kill Enzo. My entire body is shaking throughout the limo ride back to Montrose. Elle sits next to me asking a million questions but I know that if I open my mouth, nothing but curses and threats will leave it.

How could he do this? How could he possibly be so astronomically stupid? I'm not even sure that we'll be able to do damage control; clean up the fucking mess he's made.

I was in the middle of fucking some nameless debutante when I got the call. Sent him to voicemail five times before finally hearing out what Duke had to say. Duke called to fact check, as if all of the pieces are falling into place and painting a vividly criminal picture. I don't think he actually believes Enzo but I can never be too careful. I left the girl still bent over the bathroom sink to find Elle.

A sharp sting radiates across my cheek and I look at Elle incredulously. She just slapped me.

"Tell me what's going on right now," she demands.

I glance at the limo driver, "he told."

"Told what? Told who?" she pushes, shaking her head in confusion.

I sigh and run a hand down my face, "he detto a cazzo Duke chi sei."
(He told fucking Duke who you are)

"What?" she shrieks.

"Do you understand my urgency?" I huff, going back to looking out the window. The ornate iron gate comes into view and I take a deep breath. I'm going to fucking kill him.

"Why the fuck would he do that?" she exclaims.

"That's what we're about to find out," I mutter.

The limo comes to a stop right in front of Buhler. I don't wait for the driver to open the door and quickly help Elle out as well.

"Goddammit," she huffs. "I knew this was going to happen. I knew he was going to ruin fucking everything."

"Let's go," I less than gently push her forward.

It's well past curfew so there aren't many other students in the hallways. I bound up the stairs, taking them two at a time, and stop at the landing for Enzo's grade. Elle rushes ahead of me and pounds her fist on one of the doors.

The old wood swings open to reveal a surprised Enzo. My hands curl into fists at my side as Elle shoves his chest, forcing him further into his dorm room. I slam the door shut behind me, locking it closed.

"What are you doing?" Enzo scoffs. "Why are you here?"

"You fucking idiot," I mutter, moving to stand at Elle's side.

Enzo's eyebrows knit together and he opens his mouth to respond. But Elle cuts him off swiftly. She reels her hand back and punches him square in the cheek. Enzo's head whips to the side and he yelps.

"What the fuck did you tell Duke?" Elle asks through clenched teeth.

Enzo's face drops, "what are you talking about?"

I grab him by the collar of his shirt and slam his back against the wall. He winces, eyes briefly closing from the pain. I lift his feet off the ground, hands shaking.

"You told Duke," I spit out. "What the fuck did you say to him?"

"Put me down," Enzo wheezes out, clawing at my hand. I release him and he drops to the ground in a heap. He moves to stand but Elle plants her stiletoed foot on his chest, holding him down.

"Start talking, fratello," she commands.

"What did you tell him?" I reiterate for the hundredth time.