Chapter 7

A/N: I really have to apologise for taking a long time to update the story. I have to admit I was a bit lazy to continue with the story and I had a huge writer's block, so please forgive me for the delay. Anyways I was also busy watching series {Cdrama, I must say I am an addict to these dramas... I can't even remember how many cdramas I have watched 🤣}. Oh yes... to compensate for the delay I will give you some heads up on the cdramas I have watched, might as well recommend them to you.

                                                                       ⚜️⚜️⚜️
"Masquerade ball!?" She asked. "Don't worry the aim of us going there isn't the entertainment but looking for clues. The masquerade ball is held every year randomly. And it is the time where they don't care to check the faces of those people who wear masks", he said. "What is your plan then?" "Plan? I can say there is no plan at all. When we get there we shall see what we can do", he said smiling. "Are u insane? How can you go there without a plan?! Do you want to die early?" Alora said staring him in disbelief. "Aren't I already dead? It doesn't really matter whether I am caught or not but what I really want is an explanation. I don't mind being seen", Loui replied. Seeing him determined to be a bait in his own trap, she agreed. Her heart seemed to be more eager to get in the palace.
......

Night came with a calm breeze. Alora was already in deep slumber when a loud painful growl woke her up. She sat up shivering with fear.
What.... What was t-that?
"I WILL KILL YOU!!" A man's voice tore through her fears. At first she thought the voice was aimed at her until she heard the sound of steel dropping to the wooden floor. "I guess I won't be needing a sword to fight my mutant kind", Loui's voice was clear. The moment she wanted to get out of bed, she heard plates being crashed in a frenzy. ROAR!!
"STEVEN! Have you.... Have they.... Have they perhaps known where I am staying? And sent you to kill me!?

Gasp! Oops!
She accidentally let out a gasp. She did remember him telling her not to make any noise or movements so she quickly pulled the bed sheet over her and pretended to sleep. Just then the door opened and she could feel someone looking at her. She steadied her breathing and soon enough the door was closed then silence.
......

Morning came and she woke up noticing a note stamped on her forehead.
'I left to get the cards, breakfast is on the table. You are smart but you can't fool me, don't think much about things which are dangerous. I shall be back in an hour.'
Strange! He doesn't really tell me about his departure. Today must be a special day then! And I never knew living with a mutant could be so insecure. He knows too much!... And can never be fooled.

She prepared herself and went out of her room. And of course she saw a plate full of pancakes with chocolate syrup and a mug of black tea. She was after all hungry so she gobbled up all that was meant to be breakfast. She then washed the dishes and dried them keeping them in their respective cabinets. Bored as she was always, she wanted more than anything to investigate the mysterious 'Steven'.
I should know what happened right? Although he told me not to.

She wandered around the house looking for any clue. Although she wasn't in anyway related to him, she felt that she should help him no matter what would happen. Tired of looking around, she thought of going back to her room when she accidentally tripped on the carpet. She stared at the carpet in curiosity and found that she tripped because the carpet was slightly torn on its sides. She saw some marks on the wooden floor.
Claw marks! Who is this 'Steven'? He must've been sent here to kill Loui! But by who? Ah! If only I knew more about the royal family!
.........
Birmingham Palace,
A guard rushed upstairs to meet his boss.
"Your highness, Jake requests to see you", a chambermaid spoke outside of a lavish chamber.
"Let him in!" A female voice came out. Jake went in and bowed in front of her. She was sitting on a cushioned wooden chair, wearing a maroon gown that was embroidered with expensive gold fabric, drinking what seemed to be tea elegantly. "Speak", she ordered. " Your highness", he said, "Prince Steven hasn't come back from mission... I am afraid he....."
She stood up and laughed, a very evil laugh. "If he can't kill Loui, then he should be dead by now. At least now we know that Loui won't threaten my throne", she spoke slowly with an evil grin. Quickly she turned and faced Jake. "Did anyone see you coming here?" "No, your highness. I came here stealthily. No one saw me", he answered. "Well then you may leave", she said before going back to her seat. Bowing once more, he left the chamber.