Chapter 1

A/N note: The setting is of British medieval times.
Enjoy
................
I don't know how but I found myself at the doorstep of an Anglican orphanage wearing a black torn dress at midnight. The doors opened and a nun in grey anglican attire came from the opening. She led me inside with a generous smile after sizing me up and down as the heavy doors were being closed. She walked with me through the dimly lit corridor.
Nun: Dear, what is your name?
           I looked at her sadly and shook my head slightly
Nun: No name ....{sighs sadly}. Never you mind that I shall give you a name. How about Catherine?
Catherine no! I shook my head
Nun: No ....um fine then how about Susan ....Elizabeth ....Elena .... {sighs after I denied every name she offered}. Oh ok ...Alora, then?
Alora sounds good. I nodded with a smile
Nun: Jolly good. Ok, Alora dear, welcome to your new home. We are simply your caretakers. How old are you?
My age ... I don't remember a bit about my past ... I should just guess...
Alora: Sixteen.
Nun: Oh! Would you look at that? You are already a lady. You'll find yourself enjoying this place. Take into consideration that there are rules to be followed. You'll get all the details tomorrow morning fortunately {stops in her tracks}. Here is your new room { points her hand and reveals a long hallway with numerous beds full of occupants}
      : And here are your clothes for the night. Tomorrow we shall give you more dresses {hands over a white nightgown}
Alora: Thank you
I said before going towards a vacant bed near a window. As soon as I settled on the bed, the nun shut the door with a loud bang. I changed into the nightgown throwing the torned dress I was wearing. I felt very weak not knowing the reason. I tried to remember how I got there as I laid on my bed but it gave me a painful headache. As I slowly drifted to sleep, I heard a sound snoring.
CRACK!    BANG!    WHOOSH!
Noises started stirring waking me up and everyone sat upright on their beds. Babies across the hallway started crying which made the noises unbearable. Suddenly the nun who guided me in the orphanage some hours ago, bursted in the room in panick, shouting;
"COME ON ! RUN! "
But before we could move, a fireball the size of a basketball swooped right at her incinerating her body completely into ashes. A loud growl was heard admist our screams silencing each one of us. That is when I realised there was a dragon on the opposite side of the room we were in. Just then a large outburst of the wall on the front side of my bed occured and a humongous tail of the dragon crashed the remaining wall coming into vision. Pieces of iron sharper like a pin, crashed bricks and wood particles were sent flying towards the other orphans ,who didn't hide themslves due to trauma, hitting and prickling them to death. I sought refuge behind my now broken bed. I heard a furios growl and looked up to see a hurt sooted dragon coming out of the opening left by the outburst of the bricks. It was closing in to me and a blurred vision blinded me from witnessing it shoot a fireball at me. Unconsciously, I held the grilled window for support as I got blown out of the building due to a huge explosion. Through my blurred vision I noticed a black liquid engulfed in fire. I crashed face flat on a hard surface and the last thing I heard was a painful wail.

A/N: Who is this girl? Why was there a dragon inside the orphanage?

A/N: Who is this girl? Why was there a dragon inside the orphanage? .... A lot of questions are popping inside your heads, which is good of course since it brings out your curiosity.
    Stay tuned for more chapters...
            Feel free to comment and vote for this story
   Until then ciao.