Chapter 4

A/N: I realised how hard it is to continue writting 1st pov and a dialogue, therefore from now on the story will be in the 3rd pov . Plus I have to apologise for chp3 being so short. So I may have to compensate.
Although the FL's name isn't Alora, her pov will have that name.
Enjoy. 😍😍

.....

                                                         ⚜️⚜️⚜️

                                                    Alora POV
Again he is stressing the name!  I really have no time for this.
"It is really fortunate for me to retrieve my bag like this. Seems we are destined to meet each other again". His eyes seemed to be cheerful as he looked at her.
"Maybe, now can I have my bag back. I should be going somewhere at this time". She extended her right hand to take her bag from his back.
"Woah! Can't that 'somewhere' wait? I have to offer you a cup of tea. You must be tired". He backed away from her hand reaching him then stared at her waiting for her answer calmly. She was sure something about him wasn't right! And so were his intentions! She really had nowhere to go but she couldn't let herself off guard just because he had beautiful eyes.
"But I drank tea some time ago!" She retorted.
"Please, I insist. Besides I wouldn't have gotten my bag if it weren't for you roaming around town". "It is not long, just ten minutes".

He is definitely a thief. Why should he care for such a bag? And is he begging me? His eyes show sincerity but still suspicious. I should be cautious about this.

"10 minutes only".
"Let's go then". He turned around motioning her to follow him. "Where is your house? Is it far?"
As if I know this place! But at least I should show some familiarity with the city so that he won't dare take advantage of me!
However she didn't expect the reply. "No need to be too concerned. We are standing in front of my house". He replied indifferently. She looked at the bungalow mentioned. The front yard was very spacious with many small flowerpots mainly having poppies all around. It was after all a beautiful sight yet for her at the sight of those poppies she slightly felt dizzy. Something flashed in front of her eyes taking the shape of a red dress. Screams she seemed to hear were ear deafening. Trying to keep herself steady she missed a thin rope kept at the entrance. Stumbling to the floor made her near the poppies. She felt intoxicated out of a sudden. Her vision blurred and she couldn't make out what she saw.

"Are you .....?"

"I am fine. I just didn't see the rope". She immediately changed the subject. "Why is there a rope here?"
She could feel him eyeing her but she didn't care much.
What was that? What is with this attitude I am having? .... I can't possibly let a stranger know about this! He might think I am mad.

"Shall we then?" He looked at her curiously. It was obvious from his eyes that a lot of questions had to wait to be answered. He lent her a hand. She stared at before accepting the kind gesture.
Little did she realise that her pain had long dissipated.

Loui POV

This girl is very interesting. She is weak yet posing as man. And ....probably something is bothering her or wrong with her.
'She is just an innocent person. Let her go'.
'Don't let her leave. What if she discloses ur secret! You will be killed by the palace guards'.
.....
Two voices started arguing giving him a slight headache as he led her in his house.
'Don't do anything that you may regret. Maybe the girl can help you'.
A third voice came up. He looked at the girl behind him.

There is only one way to find out.

He wasn't a hard person but couldn't help being suspicious. All of his life was filled with suspicion. However he still wanted to quench his curiosity. After meeting a lot of people, he never met such an awkward girl pretending to be a guy. He had to know the truth behind her pretence.