Intentions

When I had awaken the first thing on my mind was what had happened. The only memory I had of Paul bursting into his wolf form before attacking me. I remembered the heaviness in my chest, coughing up blood and my grandfather crying as he leaned over me, then all was black.

Inhaling deeply I winced slightly as I felt pain in my chest. Running my fingers along my chest I pulled up my shirt to inspect and found five faint pink scars.

I closed my eyes as the memory ran through my mind again. To my misfortune of having a infinite memory I knew the pain would never be forgotten, and neither would losing my Jacob to the Volturi.

I pushed myself up into a sitting position and looked around. I was in my room, but the question was which one?

Sniffing the air lightly I easily placed that I was in my room in my own house. With one more sniff I was able to tell my entire family was here including Nicholi's parents.

"I'm going to go and see how Renesmee is doing." I heard Nicholi say from somewhere in the house.

"That's the twelvth time in the past half hour, let the poor girl rest." Anne said.

Then I heard his footsteps coming up the stairs and down the hall. Was my door open? His footsteps entered my room without stopping, up the stairs and then he was at my side.

"Hello Renesmee." Nicholi said. His eyes seemed to glisten brighter then I remembered.

"Hi."

"I've been wondering when you would open your eyes."

I looked around the room not wanting to make eye contact. "So how long have I been... asleep?"

Nicholi took a seat on the edge of my bed. "Five days and a few hours."

I inhaled sharply from shock. How could I have slept for five days...

"Do you remember what happened?" he asked me.

I nodded my head. "Paul phased and I was too close."

"You were so close to death."

"Then why am I not dead? Did Carlisle save me?"

Nicholi shook his head. "I saved you."

"How?"

Nicholi rose his arm up and very slowly he used the tip of his nail to cut his arm. I kept silent despite my worry as the blood began to flow. Then he rose his other hand and placed it on the wound and closed his eyes. Suddenly a green light began glowing around him before it all disappeared into the entry of the wound. When he removed his hand the cut was gone.

"Wow, so that is how you saved me? What is it?"

Nicholi gave me a crooked grin. "I manipulate aura's on a high level. Long story."

I moved to the edge of my bed and kissed him on the cheek before raising to my feet. "Well I'd like to hear about it sometime when I'm not starving." I chuckled as I headed down stairs and out of my bedroom.

As I came downstairs I was greeted by both my mother and my father who embraced me.

"I'm sorry." I said once they released me. "It was my fault I got hurt, Paul upset me so I smacked him. That's why he phased and I got hurt."

"We know. Your mother and I are upset at his lack of control but you are okay so its just water under the bridge." my father said.

Somehow I had the feeling my father was more angry than he let on. Though his motive for keeping a level head was apparent. Charlie and Sue were together and if complications arose the relationship between Bella and Charlie would become more complicated then needed. Sue's children are wolves and Charlie's child -my mother- is a vampire. No matter what bridges were burned this one would always keep us connected.