Crime Scene

I had just gotten off the phone with my aunt Alice who informed me of the change in plans that she saw in her vision. Everything was set and ready to go but there was one complication she had with me being part of the 'crime scene' they were about to forge. I, on the other hand wasn't worried as I would do anything to make this right. Even if it meant getting hurt.

"What did she say?" Jamie asked as she reached out to me from where she laid in the bed.

Both Jamie and I had been keeping to ourselves all morning and even into the beginning of the evening as she was trying to play her role. Every hour her mother would come in and check on her.

Because I had really good hearing I would alert her and she would pretend to be sleeping as she wasn't ready to begin lying to her parents.

I stared at my phone, still illuminated from the recent activity, and then looked up. "She said everything will work out perfectly." I said in a quiet voice.

There was silence for a moment before Jamie spoke. "Well you don't seem fine."

I shrugged my shoulders. "I'm just nervous. Alice said since I am going to be the survivor I need to have legitimate injuries."

"So you have to get hurt?" her eyes widened terribly. "There has to be another way."

I gave a slight shake of my head. "Alice tried seeing another way but they ended terribly for us all. I need to take one for the team, after all it was my fault we are here."

I looked around the room, taking in the pictures on the wall of Jamie and her parents during various ages of her life. Smiles looked back at me in every picture, smiles and laughter.

"This is going to be harder than I thought." I whispered to myself, low enough for Jamie to not hear me.

How could I do this to my best friend, how could I take my friend from her family and force her to be with another.

"So what's the plan?" Jamie asked me, disrupting my negative thoughts of what was about to happen.

I looked up at her and then out the window which let in the warm rays from the evening sunshine of a perfect clear day. "Alice said she will inform us on the details as the plan unravels itself. The only thing she said was to make sure your parents see us happy, even when Tyler gets here."

"Tyler?" she question, her voice seemed uncertain.

I gave a slight nod and moved forward to take her hand between mine. "You and Tyler are meant to be together, forever Jamie. I don't know how you feel about him right now but you need to hold on to him. It's not easy finding love as a vampire so keep him close."

She sighed. "I'm not mad at him."

I grinned. "Well that is very good because he will be here in ten minutes. My dad is dropping him off."

I carefully got up from the chair I had sat at for the past hour and a half and quickly changed into some fresh clothes before I helped Jamie from the bed and helped her slipp her into a nice sun dress.

I placed my hands on her shoulders and smiled at her. "Are you ready for this?" I whispered as I heard voices from the kitchen.

She nodded her head.

Opening the door I allowed Jamie to exit first before I followed.

She made her way into the kitchen where her parents sitting at the nook and drinking from mugs. One sniff told me that it was tea that they drank.

Jamie's dad was nose deep in a golfing magazine while her mother was reading from what looked like a medical journal.

"Hi mom!" Jamie called as she went straight to the fridge and began rummaging before she pulled out a orange which she began to peel.