Bittersweet Symphony

• इन्हें समर्पित: Pecaanpie

I sat staring at the door for several minutes before I gave in. I had to know where this led and I needed to know now. Raising to my feet I took the five steps needed to get from my spot in the room to the door and reached my hand out for the handle. With an effortless turn the door creaked open revealing a long dark tunnel with two paths.

I could go left or I could go right.

Something inside me kept telling me to go left.

I glanced oncemore over my shoulder. "

Be careful of the curse that falls on young lovers. Starts so soft and sweet and turns them to hunters." I whispered as I slipped into the passage way and closed the door behind me.

Just like my instinct had told me I took to the left tunnel and started on my walk. It wasn't longer then five minutes before I came to a dead end. I ran my fingers along the walls to try and find a hidden passage but there was none. The only hint of any markings were holes running up the walls on one side.

The rational thing would have been to turn around and head but or even inspect the right tunnel but something held me in place. It was like a dog whistle made only for me, to lure me. I needed to continue on.

I slumped against the stone wall of the tunnel, closing my eyes I allowed my head to fall back and just stood in silence.

"Renesmee!" I could hear Jake calling me.

No. Please just go away!

I opened my eyes and stared up at the ceiling. I quickly caught sight of something and scrunched my face as I tried to place it.

There in the center of the ceiling was a small door.

I stood up and began looking around the room. Certainly there had to be a ladder or something so I could reach it. Then it all made sense. The holes were the ladders. They gave easy placement for hands and feet.

Dusting off my hands I grabbed hold of the highest notch I could fit my hands into and then stuck my feet in the proper nodges before I began my climb upwards. Once I was close enough I unlocked the small door and pushed it open before I lifted myself through.

After I closed the door I rose to my feet and took in my surroundings.

I was in a stone cellar of some sort. Along the walls in rows were wine racks that held bottles full of a liquid. I knew immeadiately that it wasn't wine in the bottles but blood from the smell. This was definitely the home to vampires. The kind that drank human blood.

Just off the left of the room was a spiral staircase that led up. That was my next move.

I could feel my heart pounding against my chest with each step I took. When I began ascending the stairs it felt like my heart was in my throat.

Just as I reached the upper landing I heard voices. They were too faint for my ears to pick up but I knew I had company. Then they suddenly stopped.

Footsteps were heard before I came face to face with Charles and Anne.

"Renesmee dear child, what are you doing here?" Anne spoke.

My gaze dropped quickly to my feet.

I shrugged my shoulders. "I was exploring the tunnels at my house and I somehow found my way. I'm so sorry I didn't mean to trespass."

Anne placed her hands on my shoulders before she steered me through a large ornately decorated hall.

"So you have moved in next door yes?" Charles question as we entered the sitting room that Nicholi had first introduced me in.

New Rise - Book 4जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें