Survivor

As I came out of my drowsy stupor like coma my mind quickly began trying to process what had happened. I thought back to the recent events of the previous hours.... or days. I remember clearly watching my family set up the crime scene to fake my friends deaths and then my aunt Alice carving necessary wounds into my body to create a needed image.

I opened my eyes and looked around, without moving my head. I was in Jamie's room. There was blood spatter on the wall, glass shards embedded into the wall and I could also see from my peripheral vision that the door was broken.

I tried to move my head to get a better view of my surroundings but it was futile. I couldn't even move my limbs, let alone open my mouth to speak which made me nervous. What was wrong?

Closing my eyes I took a deep breath to try and relax only to feel as if something had stabbed me in the side. I winced silent agony, feeling tears escaping my eyes, just as the front door opened.

I felt my heart pounding wildly in my chest as if it was trying to escape. The pounding was so extreme I could literally hear it.

As I heard footsteps I did my best to focus on who they belonged to. That's when I heard a voice.

"We have the best wine in our cellar, never been opened, it will my honor if you and your wife had some." I heard Chuck say.

Grace laughed. "Yes, my husband insists on spending money on bottles that he never intends to drink."

I heard them come into the kitchen, where a clink of glasses quickly followed.

"You know I only drink it when we have guests Gracelynn." Chuck laughed.

"Which makes my point completely, the only guest's we've had before today were friends of Jamie." There was pause in which a bottle was opened and the sound of beverages being poured shortly after. "So Renesmee is your granddaughter?" Grace questioned.

"Yes, she is a wonderful addition to our family. She was adopted from Russia." I heard my grandmother Esme speak.

I wasn't really adopted from Russia but it was the lie we told to humans to keep an appearance.

"Well let me be the first to say you have a wonderful granddaughter. She is not only beautiful and smart but she has a heart of gold."

"Yes she does." Esme spoke as if she was smiling. "We try and teach our children and grandchildren the important qualities in life."

"Speaking of children. It's awful quiet." I heard heeled footsteps clicking across the floor. "I just need to check up on Jamie."

I felt my heart beat speed up. The pounding growing louder and louder to the point it was deafening. Then it was silenced as the piercing scream of a woman.

There was a shattering of grass and then hasty footprints following the recent path that Grace had taken.

This was it, this was where I needed to put on my acting skills. Then again I wouldn't have to do much acting if I was unable to move or talk. This would give me time.

"CHUCK, where is my baby!" I heard Grace scream.

"What's happened here?" Carlisle spoke.

The click clack of heels was heard again, this time they were coming closer and closer to me. They stopped right outside the bedroom door.

I heard a woman's groan and then the door opened.

"Renesmee?" I heard Grace speak.

She was at my side and her ear was against my chest for a few seconds before she leaned away.