Sneaky

We all gathered in a tight circle around the table as Matthew went over the plan to sneak off the island. It was quiet simple, gather what we needed for the day and head to the basement. From there we would take the secret tunnel that I informed them about into the city and then bob is your uncle.

Since Tyler didn't need to take anything with him he came with to my bedroom and helped me pack the usual. My spare identification -just incase- my cell phone and charger, camera, money, wallet, and music.

Once I had that ready to go we headed to our rendezvous point, the basement. Matthew and Penelope were already there and waiting, impatiently. The second I closed the door behind us I began panicking. Surely they heard us.

"We are going to get caught I just know it."

"If we do it will be by your parents because mom and dad are.... busy." Matt smirked.

"Let's just go." Penelope said as she opened the door that led to the tunnel.

"Weaklings first." Matt teased as he gestured for Tyler to go ahead.

"Shut up." I growled as I followed behind Ty.

The four of us walked at normal speed for several human minutes before Matt and Penelope took off on their own. After another half an hour I couldn't stand the slowness.

"You wouldn't mind if I carried you would you?" I asked Tyler.

"Why?" He asked as he glanced sideways at me.

"Honestly I just want to get there already and you sorta walk too slow."

"Alright but I don't see how we are going to go any faster when you are-"

Before he could finish his sentence I lifted him onto my back and took off running at superhuman speed. I felt his heart beat speed up. It was only a fifteen minute run before we made it to the entrance that led into our families venue. I set Tyler to his feet before I opened the door and stepped into the room. Tyler followed but with trembling legs.

"You are strong." He stuttered as I shut the portrait behind us.

I blushed. "Not that strong."

"So where are we?"

"Opera house in Seattle, it belongs to my family."

We were on our way up from the basement when we were joined by Matthew and Penelope. Matthew nudged Tyler.

"Pretty cool passage huh?"

"Uhm." Tyler's eyes were wide as he stared past us.

I turned around quickly and became a statue as my father was standing before us.

"Renesmee Carlie Cullen, you can't just run off like that. What if something had happened to you."

I rolled my eyes. "Really dad, what can happen in thirty seconds?"

"Might I remind you what happened the last time you were in Seattle. If Alice hadn't intervened-"

"That was a freak accident and anyways you can't always be there to protect me, I'm an adult."

"Soooo, we are just gonna go." Matthew said as he nodded for Tyler and Penelope to follow. "See ya later tio Edwardo." he snickered before they disappeared down the hall.

My father watched until they were gone before shaking his head and then giving his attention back to me.

"Then act like one." He hissed.

I crossed my arms at my chest. "Really? I can't believe you just said that to me." I bit my lip as I felt my face flush.

My father just stared at me, his forehead creased. He pinched the bridge of his nose. "Renesmee I didn't mean to say that."