1

Olivia's POV

Elliot and I have been together for almost five years. Everything has been going great and even though it took us a while to get where we are now . But I am so happy that we finally confessed our feelings to each other. I was there through his marriage and his divorce. His wife at the time,Kathy, confided in me for the most of their marriage. She was worried at one point that something was going on between us but I convinced her, there was nothing there. I felt like I owed her the truth after the whole divorce and my feelings so she did not think that anything was going on between us while they were married. She was silent at first when I told her and then she finally said " I could never live up to looks you and Elliot gave each other. You both always had something there, even if you both did not know it was there. I am glad you finally opened your eyes and followed your heart. Plus, the kids already love you so that's already a bonus." When she told me that I couldn't help but start crying. I thought she would hate me or call me a homewrecker even, but none of that never happened. Today, Saturday, was my day off so I was just around our apartment cleaning up. As I was cleaning, I eventually came across photos of Elliot's kids and I. As I continued to look at the photos, I could not help but just smile. I love his kids as if they were my own and I am very proud of each and every one of them. My phone started to ring which snapped me out of my thoughts. I looked down at my screen and it was Elliot so I answered and said " Hey babe, how are you?" He responded by saying " I'm doing alright, I was just calling to check in on you." I laughed and said " Elliot, I'm just cleaning and looking at old photos, but I would be less lonely if a handsome man would come home and give me some company." He replied " I wonder which handsome man you may be referring to?" I responded by saying " You just want me to repeat that so it can boost your already huge ego." He laughed and said " yes, I do" and I rolled my eyes; he then continued " you know I can tell you're rolling your eyes all the way from over here but before I forget, what would you like me to pick up for dinner?"I responded by saying, " Hawaiian pizza, and as your talking about food, I just realized I haven't ate all day." Elliot then said " Liv, that's not healthy. I know sometimes it slips your mind to eat but you have to. Try to drink some tea and I'll be home soon." I replied " I know, I know , I just honestly forgot but please drive home safely and I love you." He replied "I love you too, bye" and hanged up. I really do need to eat something so I went and started to make some tea but I felt dizzy so I grabbed on to the counter top and before I knew it, everything went black.

Hey y'all, I hope you're enjoying this new story so far. Let me know what you think.This is going to be my first short story 🥰. The prompt idea for this book came from @Linsteadforever1998

~fire_fairyland🧚‍♂️