17. I'm Bad

I sit down on the hard cold ground and cry. I'd lost him. It was all my fault. I should've gone with Monty. Tears slide down my face and drip down onto the ground. Bellamy lifts me up and I wrap my arms around him. The same lemon and sweat smell wafts into my nose. He runs his hand through my hair and smiles, "I promise Mera. We will find him. But we have to go back to camp now." I shake my head, "No, we need to find him. Now. Jasper will never forgive me for the his. I'll never forgive myself for it." Bellamy kisses my ear, "Jasper will understand. This isn't your fault. It's no one's fault." I nod. He encloses his hand around mine and we walk back to camp. Jasper runs up to me. He sees the tears my eyes and looks at confused, "Where's-" Suddenly a look of realization shows up on his face, "He's not-" he stops talking as if he can't the words out. Bellamy speaks up, "We don't know." Jasper looks at the ground. Tears start to come down before I can stop them, "I'm so sorry Jasper." he shakes his head, "Tell me what happened."I walk into the drop ship and go to the top floor. I tell him everything, but before I can say the last sentence, I give up and cry into Jasper, "I'm just afraid everyone I love is going to die. I mean you came so close when we first got here. I couldn't imagine you or Monty, or anyone I care about dying. I couldn't live with that." He wraps his arms around me, "This isn't your fault, Mera. No of this. I promise we will get Monty back. And I will never leave you." I smile. He pulls away from me and walks over to a bucket of gun powder. He picks it up and carries it down the stairs. I smile. A moment later he returns. His eyes are wide. He looks afraid. I look at him confused. I'm about to speak when he stops me, "Stay quiet. Murphy killed Miles. He's downstairs. I think he saw me. Stay up here and whatever happens do not leave this room. You hear me." I nod. He walks back down the stairs. I hear Murphy's stern voice, "Don't you dare touch that radio. Don't do it. I swear I'll-" he cut off by Jasper. I hear the radio click and Jasper's voice, "Murphy killed Miles, he's gonna." I hear a gun shot. I want to scream, to see if he's alright. he couldn't be dead he couldn't be, "Give me the radio, dammit!" Murphy says. Jasper's alive. I sigh with relief. I hear Bellamy's voice on the radio, "Let Jasper go Murphy. I'm the one you want." my mouth drops open, "No." I whisper. I hear the drop ship door open and hear someone step inside. I crawl over to the door and see Jasper switching places with Bellamy. Bellamy stands in front of Murphy. Murphy crosses his arms a large smirk on his face. I glare at him even though he can't see the rage in my eyes. Bellamy looks up at the top floor. I duck away from the door before he catches my eyes. I hear Murphy shouting but I can't put my finger on what he's saying. Then I hear something that makes my blood run cold, "Put it around your neck!" So that's what he's doing. Revenge. And then I'd had it. I grab a knife from on the table next to me and jump down to the lower floor. Murphy is too busy with Bellamy to notice me sneak up on him. I put the knife to his necks and throw him into the wall. "Leave it alone, Murphy." He shakes his head slowly and grabs my arms. He throws my to the ground flinging the knife out of my hands. I crash on to the floor grunting as I do. Murphy grabs the life and slashes it across my face. I hear Bellamy growl at Murphy. I feel the blood trickle down my face and drip into my mouth. The metallic taste overwhelms me, "Leave her out of this Murphy. Please." Bellamy says. I look at him with sad eyes, "Murphy, if you're going to kill someone kill me. Leave Bellamy alone." Murphy smirks, "Aw. You two are just the cutest. Seeing how you care so much about each other just makes me want to kill you more. and that's saying something." I glare at him. Bellamy looks at me with fear in his eyes, "Please Murphy, don't do this." Murphy walks up to Bellamy and tightens the rope around his neck. I gasp. I struggle to stand the blood staining my face. Murphy pushes me back down. He ties another end of the rope to a pole. The box Bellamy stand on wobbles a bit. I shake with fear. Murphy smiles mischievously. H elicits the box and I watch Bellamy being strangled only a foot away from. He grunts and struggles and tugs on the rope to loosen, "No!" I scream. Bellamy looks at me. I stand up and punch Murphy in the jaw. He laughs. Than I hear something. Under the floor. I punch Murphy again in the stomach. He groans but holds his ground. He throws me onto the ground. I grunt. Bellamy kicks out and hits Murphy in the chest. I see someone come up the stairs and a in shot. I hear Murphy hunt and hold his shoulder. He runs up the stairs. Raven and Jasper run after Murphy. I hear a gun shot but somehow ignore it. I take this time to grab my knife from the floor. I cut Bellamy down. He gasps and grabs his throat, struggling for air. He puts a hand on my shoulder and then collapses into my arms. He rests a head on my shoulder. I smile and run a hand through his hair, "I thought-I thought I'd lost you." I say. Tears come down my face. His legs go weak and he falls to the ground. I kneel down next to him and smile. I hear Raven come down the stairs and knock on the wall, "Sorry to interrupt this touching moment but...Murphy escaped." She gasps in pain. I see a small bullet hole in her back. She touches her back an if comes back bloody. I hear Jasper a moment later, "He used more than half of my gunpowder to do it too. Raven we need to get you help. This wound could damage-" Raven interrupts him, "No, I'm fine." I hear the drop ship door open and hear a familiar voice, "What the hell happened here?" Clarke says. She sees Raven's back, "We need to get you some help. Now." I turn around. Clarke stands in front of me with Finn by her side. I look around for Monty but he's no where to be seen, "Where's Monty?" Jasper asks. Finn looks at Jasper confused, "I thought he was with you?" Jasper shakes his head, "He's not with you?" Finn looks at the ground, "I'm sorry. We never crossed paths with him." Jasper sighs. "That's fine." he says solemnly. He walks up the stairs into the top floor of the drop ship. I try to move away from Bellamy but he grabs into my hand, "Stay with me. Please,"