9. Unexpected Surprises

When we get back to camp, Clarke immediately takes Finn into the drop ship. Jasper and another boy carry the grounder to the second floor. Bellamy follows them. I go to the first floor and see Finn moaning Raven is soothing him. I decide that I shouldn't be here for this so I go to the second floor. I see Bellamy arguing with Octavia. But that doesn't phase me, what does is the grounder tied up. He's covered in scars. The tribal tattoos snake up his arms, and chest. He looks angry. Really angry.

Bellamy stands about a foot away from him. Two other boys stand next to him. Octavia is in the corner she looks scared. I look to Bellamy. He's staring at me now. He stays silent for a while and then the boy perks up, "Look darling. You might not want to watch this." I look to him. He has dark skin and eyes. A tattered hat is pulled on his head. It may have been the ugliest hat I have ever seen. Grey and covered in holes.

Bellamy looks at me, "Mera, please, leave." I shake my head, "And sit while you torture him?" I say pointing to the grounder. Bellamy looks at me, "Miller get her out of here." Miller grabs my wrist. "Let go you me, you bitch." I stomp on his foot. He howls but let's go of me. "I'm staying here." I tell at Bellamy. He shrugs. He looks back at the grounder, "Where are your bastard friends, huh?" The grounder is silent, "How do you know where we are!" He yells. Still the grounder is silent, "Guess he just needs a little push." Bellamy picks up a seatbelt. "Don't," I say. He couldn't do this. He wouldn't. But he did. He brings the seatbelt down on the grounder's chest. He is still silent, besides a few grunts. I swallow. He does it again. I just watch. But after a while watching isn't enough. I run over to him. I grab his wrist. He turns and looks at me. "Stop, he never did anything wrong." Bellamy scoff, "Yeah, except you know, kidnap my sister!" Octavia stands up, "He didn't kidnap me. He saved my damn life!!" She screams at him. He rolls his eyes. Then Clarke rushes up the stair. "It's poison. The knife!" The grounder looks at Clarke, "We need the antidote. Now!" Bellamy looks at Clarke. She looks back at him, "Please. The antidote." The grounder is silent. Octavia steps forward. "Stay back O," she shakes her head. "Do it." Clarke says. Bellamy sighs and picks up a spike. Tears threaten my eyes. "Bellamy, please don't do this." He sighs again. A tear blurs my vision and slides down my cheek. He turns back to the grounder, not looking at me. He plunged the spike into the grounder's hand. I scream, startled. He is still silent.

Raven clammers up the stairs. "What the hell is taking you so long." Bellamy looks at her annoyed, "The damn grounder won't tell us anything." Raven smirks, "Maybe he just needs a jump start." She takes cables and rips them out of the drop ship. "No!" I scream. She throws the cables into the grounders struggling body. He shakes with the power of the electricity flowing through him. Raven yells violently at the grounder.
"Stop!" Octavia yells, Bellamy stops her, "He is gonna let Finn die!" Octavia scoffs, "He won't let me die." She takes the knife used to stab Finn and scrapes it across her arm. The grounder struggles. Clarke spreads out the bottles of liquids on the ground. "Which one?" She says, desperate. She points to a vile of blue liquid. "This one?" The grounder nods shakily. She grabs the vile and rushes back down the ladder. I run after her. Bellamy grabs my hand. I shake free of it.

When I get down to the first floor I see Finn. He is gasping and shaking. I can't take this. Raven soothes him. I hear another voice. Someone on a radio. She did it. Communication with the Ark. I walk out of the tent. Raven glances at me but I ignore her. I walk out and it's chaos. The wind and rain whips at my face and hair. Tents are strewn out all over the place. Trees are bending and stretching. Branches fly out of no where. "Mera!" Bellamy shouts after me. "You need to get in the drop ship!" I shake my head, "I can't deal with this anymore." he walks per to me, "I can't deal with anything."
"Mera,"
"You tortured him, Bellamy."
"He was going to kill you Mera, Octavia."
"Stop your pity party. You tortured him."
"You don't think I second guessed myself once? It was the right thing to do."
"Are you sure this isn't about Octavia?"
"This is not just about Octavia, it's about you. You're always trying to help people. But you don't once think about yourself. Can you just stop?!"
"I-" Bellamy walks closer towards me. Our faces are inches apart. "I do think of myself, but I have no one to help me. That's why I try to help people. Because nobody cares. No one really cares about me." Bellamy stares at me. The rain has soaked my hair and my clothes are soaked through. His hair is dripping with rain water "I do. I care about you." I'm about to say something when he surprises me. He steps closer and before I know it, his lips are on mine. His hands delicately touch my face. But then he stops. I look at him confused, "Sorry, I-" he starts. I pull the collar of his shirt and his lips meet mine again. He seems startled at first but then he smiles. His lips dance across mine. I part with him, "We should get back in the drop ship." He smiles and chuckles, "Can we-can we uh- finish this conversation later." I smiles, "Whatever you say, lover boy." he nods.

I walk back into the drop ship. I curl up into the corner. Bellamy sits next to me. I lay me head on his shoulder. "I guess it's nice to know someone cares." he nods, "I'm not the only one, Mera. Tons of people care. Monty, Jasper. A lot of people care. Maybe you're just to blind to see it." I smile, drifting. "Maybe." that's all I can say before I fall asleep. My head droops limp. I smiles, drifting into a deep soundless sleep.