𝟏𝟗 • 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐏𝐄𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐄

🅣🅗🅡🅞🅤🅖🅗 🅣🅗🅔 🅖🅡🅐🅟🅔🅥🅘🅝🅔
─────•~❉᯽❉~•─────

Somehow the weather warmed up nearly ten degrees over the next two nights and just by the the heat of the sun rays against my skin through the window, it was clear a nice day was ahead of us. I laze on my bed listening to my new Metallica cassette and I'm quite focused, just not on the songs. I still can't wrap my head around whatever the fuck happened on Saturday.

I somewhat regret it, not because it wasn't enjoyable since it certainly was, but because I'd have to face Johnny one way or another. Would we act like nothing happened or would it change?  I doubt he'd have a reaction especially in front of the rest of the cobra boys. I've never been exposed to this side of him, but who knows what this part is capable of.

My door flies open, causing the posters attached to the inside of it to ripple, and Andrea barges in with her backpack on.

"What are you doing? We have to go!" She urges me and my eyes grow wide when I glance over at the time, realizing it was eight o'clock and not seven like I had thought.

"Oh, shit!" I curse, scrambling up from my sheets to do a five minute routine in the bathroom.

Erik had morning practice before school so Andie and I have to drive together, but since she has a presentation at the start of class, I drop her off while I go and park the car. I crawl out of the drivers seat, almost tripping on the floor mat as the bell rings for first period.

The halls are completely vacant aside from a few teachers roaming around and I make it to physics within a few minutes. As soon as I step in, all eyes are on me walking to my seat beside Bobby.

"What happened to you?" He asks with concern as he studies my stressed demeanor.

"Long morning," I reply and the teacher waltzes over to me, lowering her voice for only me to hear.

"You're five minutes past the bell, Ms. Emmerik." She interjects and I shake my head, attempting to
reason.

"I was in the parking lot on time and I wouldn't have been late if-"

"Five minutes past is five minutes past." She tilts her head down, her glasses seemingly almost slipping off the edge of her crooked nose. "Report to detention after school." She almost struts away and I'm left in disbelief, my thumb and pointer finger resting across my hairline.

"You've got to me kidding me." I murmur in irritation. Ali sends me a look that displayed her disagreement with the woman's decision, raising her hand and waving it down to brush off whatever annoyance it had caused me.

"Want some company?" Bobby jokes as he pretends to line a perfectly sharpened pencil up with the teachers head. One of his eyes is shut and his tongue is slightly poked out while I slap his hand down with a grin.

"Bobby!" I attempt to laugh quietly, but my expression turns stone when the older woman snaps back in our direction.

The events of Saturday keep replaying in my mind as if on a movie screen, taunting me with the fact I didn't know how Johnny and I would act around each other after it.

Was it a mistake? Probably. Do I hope Johnny thinks the same? Debatable.

"You seem awfully quiet this morning." Susan speculates as we exit gym class and I shrug.