𝟏𝟕 • 𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆

🅡🅘🅓🅔 🅣🅗🅔 🅛🅘🅖🅗🅣🅝🅘🅝🅖
─────•~❉᯽❉~•─────

As I pull up to the pizza shop on the corner around Reseda, I spot Daniel leaning against the window, a poster of a slice being advertised on the one beside him. The typical warm weather had subdued and was taken over by a damp cloak that drenched all of California. I glance up and down the dimly street as I cross the parking lot, holding the collar of my jacket upright and against my neck to prevent droplets from sliding down the inside lining.

"Hurry, it's too cold to be out here." Daniel states upon realizing I was in no more than a thin cardigan. He presses his back against the door to keep it open for me and quickly allows it to slam shut once I got inside, exhaling a sigh of relief at the wave of warmth that flooded my body.

"I never thought I'd say California weather is cold coming from Chicago, but fuck." Daniel exerts a half smile. We spoke a bit on the phone before agreeing to meet up and finish the conversation so we're what I'd consider civil at this point.

He spins a salt shaker on the table in continuous loops although the awkward tension was going to be there no matter what, but he attempted to avoid it anyways.

"So...how's life as a cobra?" He asks after a few seconds of silence.

"It's fine for the most part. They're dickheads, but tolerable most of the time." His eyebrows shoot up. "Some of the time." I correct and he seems more satisfied with this description. "So, how's life as a mini Miyagi?"

His lips curve into a grin and it seems genuine for the first time in a while. "Thriving," He replies and I lean back into my chair playfully.

"I'm gonna need a run down." I inform him and he explains everything he's been doing to 'train', but I'd consider it more of housemaid activities compared to what the cobras have been practicing to be honest. "No offense, but how is sanding his deck going to help you kick Lawrence's ass at the All Valley?"

"No idea, but I might lose it if I have to check off one more chore from his to do list." Daniel explains, quickly thanking the older woman who slides our pizza across the table, radiating heat from its box before we even think to open it.

"Honestly, I think you've got a pretty good shot." I admit, taking a slice from the circular delicacy. "Johnny is way too arrogant to not get in his head and the rest are a few steps behind, aside from Bobby."

"Noted," He takes a bite, "So...Johnny's arrogant now?" He references the fact I was practically defending the boy at Golf N' Stuff and I almost feel embarrassed by the memory.

"Let's try to keep king karate from becoming to focal point of the conversation, please?" I reply hopefully, receiving a playful eye roll.

"Then what are we here for if not to talk bad about the guy?"

"You're terrible, LaRusso."

"Could be worse; I could be Johnny Lawrence." He nods with his finger pointed out at me, earning a snicker in response. On the exterior I displayed amusement, but in my mind, I wasn't only contemplating about our quarrel earlier today, but how much I didn't enjoy it. I hated that I didn't and I hated that I didn't want him to hate me.

It was the type of annoyance with yourself that's caused because you're unable to resolve the issue due to agreeing with both the conflicting sides. Unfortunately, it wasn't just two parts of myself on the outs, but two parts of my life being separated in every aspect.