𝟏𝟔 • 𝐁𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐃

🅑🅛🅘🅝🅓
─────•~❉᯽❉~•─────

The next day of school had almost been a repeat, although this time around I had no intention of sitting through an hour of awkward silence between me, Tommy, and Johnny. While jogging the track alongside Ali during gym, I intentionally avoid any possible run-ins with any of the boys.

"Are you planning to go to the dinner at the country club this weekend?" Ali asks and I shrug, not having any clue what she's referencing.

"Country club? Doesn't sound like my ideal Saturday night, no offense."

"None taken, my parents are just dragging me with, but having another person I know there would make it much more bearable." She tilts her head down to convince me.

"Resorting to guilt tripping now?" I ask and she laughs,

"Please just consider it. Practically everyone in Encino goes every year."

"Everyone?" I ask and she sighs.

"You're going to have to speak to him eventually, Sam." She adds, disregarding my question. My eyes revert to the green field that the track wraps around and easily find the group of boys chasing after a soccer ball.

"Not necessarily..." I reply in a sing-song tone.

"It's so clear he's just jealous. You rejected him and now you're driving around with Tommy."

"I didn't 'reject' him. You make it sound bad when you say it like that." She tilts her head to the side. "Okay, I rejected him, but what else was I supposed to do? Tommy just needed a ride and Daniel and Erik would've killed me if I-"

"Did you want to kiss him?" She interrupts and I gaze at Johnny who obtains the soccer ball from a black haired boy, quickly scoring a goal right after.

"No, obviously not." She groans at my response, hoping I'd admit to something else.

"You're absolutely insufferable, the both of
you."

"I'd consider it more honest." I grin as I watch Johnny score another goal, catching his eye for a moment before I turn back to Ali.

"And what if he asks to dance at the country club?"

"Then I guess I'll dance, it wouldn't mean anything. And I probably won't even go, anyways." Ali rolls her eyes playfully at my response.

"You say that now." She giggles and the gym teacher blows his whistle to lead us back into the school.

I go through the motions the rest of the day and Daniel refuses to look in my direction, putting in even less effort than yesterday. Once English rolled around, I didn't even make it to my seat before I asked for a pass to the nurse's office and left the classroom without a trace.

I lounge in the nurses office the rest of the period and actually had time to rest for once, not having to worry about anyone else. Somehow, in the past month I haven't experienced one day that everyone was civil with each other. There's always someone mad at someone else and due to that, the exhaustion had finally set in as I shut my eyes.

Currently, I'm on the outs with Daniel and Erik, but I have no idea where to categorize Johnny into that. We were fine yesterday during school, but training was another story. Who knows if he'd even show up to our private lesson today.