𝟓 • 𝐁𝐎𝐍𝐒𝐀𝐈

🅑🅞🅝🅢🅐🅘
─────•~❉᯽❉~•─────

Music sounds from Ali's record player as I sit on the floor of her room, leaning against the post of her bed. Suzie agreed to let Mel curl the length of her hair, obviously regretting the decision as she watches her finish the last few strands in the mirror. Mel fluffs it up a bit and it looks as if her hair mimics Ali's perm.

"Okay, what do you think?" She asks her.

"I miss my old hair." She states, her mouth forming a line as she stares at her freshly chopped style.

"Oh stop, you look gorgeous, Suz." Ali compliments.

"You know who else would think you look gorgeous?" I give her a look and her face flushes pink.

"No." She snaps out of embarrassment.

"Who are you guys talking about?" Mel questions, unplugging the curler.

"Maybe the guy from her trig class she has googly eyes for." Ali giggles.

"What's going on between you two?" I ask, leaning forward in anticipation.

"I don't know, he's just nice to be around." Susan admits.

"Mhm...and?" I press, my chin being held up my my palms as I lay on my stomach waiting for the details.

"And he asked me advice on how to talk to a girl the other day." She mutters in disappointment.

"Suzie, you're the girl." Ali states knowingly, earning a flustered glance back.

"No I'm not; it's obviously some other girl he doesn't want me knowing about so he doesn't hurt my feelings." She sighs, but Ali keeps her smile which only agitates the brunette more. "Your turn. What's going on with you and Daniel?"

"I like him." She says blankly, "but he's been acting weird lately. I've been trying to talk to him, and when we do it's amazing, but he'll get super reserved and closed off. I think something is wrong."

"Well, from what I saw while walking with you both the other day, he gets nervous around Johnny and his group. Maybe something is still going on." Mel states with a sigh. Ali's eyes stare up at the ceiling, flickering across the open space as she buries herself in her thoughts.

"I'm sure he's fine, Ali." I assure her, which barely calms her worries. I know Daniel wouldn't want her thinking too much about it so, I'll keep her from doing so.

"Okay, enough boy talk." Ali blurts, back to her normal bubbly self. "What kind of popcorn do we want for the movie: kettle, salted, or chicago style?" She asks, a smile tugging at the corners of her lips.

"Chicago, of course. It has the best of both worlds." Mel nods, and they both hurry down the stairs.

"Hey, Sam? Can I ask you something?" Suzie asks.

"Of course, what's going on?" I reply, but she turns up the volume of the music so we wouldn't be able to be overheard.

"Is there something going on with Johnny? And be honest, because if there is, I just wanted to let you know it always ends badly. And I don't know how Ali would feel about it, you know?" She whispers so only I can hear.