Chapter 18- 'you what?!'

Y/n's Pov

5 months later

Today is the day I plan to break up with Cedric Diggory. 

Yes, he was an amazing boyfriend who bought me books and took me on dates sometimes, but I haven't been feeling the same anymore.

It gets repetitive. It gets boring.

Thats something I don't want in a boyfriend. 

I used to get so excited when he texted me, now, we barely text. 

Butterflies filled up my stomach when he used to kiss my cheek, and now they don't. They turn to dust.

We haven't even said 'I love you' yet because we both know that we don't love each other.

And probably never will. 

Platonically, maybe.

Cedric and I barely knew each other when we first started dating and I still don't know much about him. 

So I'm at the astronomy tower, waiting for Cedric to show up. 

I hear footsteps and I take a few deep breaths in. 

Cedric's face appears from the shadows and I smile weakly. 

"Hi, lovely." He says as he leans down to kiss my cheek.

"Cedric. I have something to say but you have to promise not to say anything while I talk."

He slowly nods his head with a confused expression on his face.

This has to go well. I've been slightly avoiding him so he should get the hint.

"So, I uhm." I take another deep breath before continuing. 

"We need to break up." I blurt out.

 I look at his expression before continuing.  I can't make out what his expression means so I continue.

"I just haven't felt the same way as I did when we first started our relationship. There's just nothing common between us. You don't read whereas I love it. You like playing games and hanging out with your friends more than you like playing games and hanging out with me. Instead of coming to my dorm to spend quality time, we end up studying because thats the least awkward thing to do. A relationship shouldn't feel awkward Cedric. And another thing, I've seen the way you look at Cho. So go be with her. You guys would make a great couple."

I smile at him as I feel my eyes tearing up. 

Although I never felt real feelings for him, breaking up with someone you've been dating for 5 months is sad. 

He doesn't say anything for a few moments and I fear I've messed up but then he looks at me and gives me a genuine smile. 

"Thank you Y/n. I feel the same way. We are basically opposite people and although opposites are supposed to attract, we don't. Which is fine. I hope we can still be friends though?" 

He raises his eyebrows. 

"Yes. I would love to be friends."  I nod my head and smile. 

He smiles again, showing the slightest hint of dimples. 

He walks towards me and hugs me. 

I hug him back, tighter than I've hugged him before.

We pull apart and Cedric smiles at me as his eyes get glossy. 

"Goodbye, Y/n." 

He says, clearing his throat. 

"Goodbye, Cedric."