Chapter 7- 'what the fuck!'

---

*The next day *

Daphne and I enter transfigurations and are greeted by Professor McGonagall. 

"Y/n." She pulls me aside and indicates for me to stand next to her. 

As the students are entering the classroom, Daphne and I make eye contact. 

She mouths the words "What happened?" to me, and I shrug in response.

"You may sit in your seat." Professor McGonagall continues. "Where you sat last time."

I hum in response and walk up the stairs to my seat.

Mattheo isn't in his seat so I figure he's sick.

Professor McGonagall starts the lesson and then the doors to the classroom suddenly open. 

Mattheo and Theodore stand in the doorway and Theodore apologises for being late.

"Thank you Mr. Nott. You may sit in your seat but as for you, Mr. Riddle. You may sit next to Ms. Lestrange."

I quietly groan as Mattheo rolls his eyes and starts walking up the stairs to our desk.

Professor McGonagall quickly gives us a task to do which is very confusing since the lesson just started, but I start doing the task anyway. 

"Mr. Riddle and Ms. Lestrange. Please come up to the front." Professor McGonagall says. 

The room fills with confused whispers and I'm confused too. 

Unless.

I look at Mattheo and we both whisper "Fight." at the same time. 

I quietly groan, unexcited for the upcoming conversation with Professor McGonagall.

Daphne makes eye contact with me from the third row and furrows her eyebrows. 

"Fight." I mouth and she immediately understands. She nods in response.

Mattheo and I both walk down the stairs to Professor McGonagall. 

She starts talking in a voice so quiet, only Mattheo and I can hear her.

"If you don't already know, this is about the fight you both had in Professor De Luca's class. Now you both already have a detention tonight at 5 o'clock to 7 o'clock. I will have to add a couple more detentions. The fight you both had will cost you 2 additional nights of detention."

Mattheo rolls his eyes.

I show no reaction because I know how Professor McGonagall will react. 

"Don't give me that attitude young boy. This is entirely your fault. You both have detention tonight, tomorrow night which is Wednesday and day after tomorrow night which is a Thursday. I am disappointed in you both for spending your school week like this but this is completely on you. If this happens again, detention with Professor Snape won't be the worst consequence you will have. Do you understand?"

Mattheo just nods but I say "Yes. I apologise and understand that my actions have consequences Professor McGonagall. Thank you"

"This is why you're my favourite student. You know how to talk to teachers with respect." She has a proud smile on her face.

I smile and nod in response.

"You may leave."

Mattheo and I return to our seats. 

"Yes I understand Professor McGonagall and I will do anything for you because I'm such a teacher's pet." Mattheo mocks me in a high-pitched voice. 

"A. I do not sound like that. B, At least I know how to make an impression on the teachers. That way I can get out of trouble easier when I'm older. Smart, I know."