Unraveling Shadows

Days turned into weeks, and the absence of Mya and Charles weighed heavily on Tia's mind. Despite Shawn's reassurances, she couldn't shake the feeling of unease that gnawed at her insides. She found herself spending more time alone, grappling with the uncertainty of her situation.

One evening, as Tia sat in the dimly lit living room, lost in her thoughts, the sound of approaching footsteps jolted her from her reverie. She looked up to see Shawn striding confidently into the room, his expression serious yet determined.

"Tia, we need to talk," he said, his voice cutting through the silence.

Tia's heart raced as she braced herself for whatever news Shawn had to share. "What's going on?" she asked, her voice tinged with apprehension.

Shawn took a seat across from her, his gaze unwavering. "I've been doing some digging, trying to figure out what happened to Mya and Charles," he began, his tone grave.

Tia's pulse quickened at the mention of her friends' names. "And? What did you find?" she pressed, her eyes searching Shawn's face for answers.

"It's not good," Shawn replied, his voice heavy with regret. "I've been hearing rumors on the streets, whispers about a deal gone wrong. Mya and Charles got caught up in something big, something dangerous."

Dread washed over Tia as she processed Shawn's words. "What kind of deal? What are you talking about?" she demanded, her voice rising with panic.

Shawn hesitated for a moment, as if grappling with how much to reveal. "They were involved in a drug deal, Tia. A major one," he confessed, his voice tinged with sorrow. "And from what I've heard, things went south fast."

Tia felt as if the ground had been pulled out from beneath her. The reality of the situation hit her like a ton of bricks, leaving her reeling. "No, that can't be true," she whispered, her voice barely above a whisper.

"I wish it weren't, but we need to face the facts," Shawn said firmly, his eyes locking with hers. "Mya and Charles are in deep trouble, and we need to figure out how to help them."

Tia's mind raced as she struggled to process the gravity of the situation. She knew she couldn't sit idly by while her friends were in danger. Despite the risks, she was determined to find a way to bring them home safely.

"Okay," she said, her voice trembling with resolve. "What do we do next?"