Gateway to Heaven

Shubman was having dinner with his teammates, but his mind was on Sara. What if she is upset, that he barged  in on like that into her personal  moment? What if she complains it to her dad? How would  Sachin sir react? Would  he be reprimanded? Thrown out of the team? Na na , that would  be too much.

His spiraling  thoughts kept him from engaging  into the dinner table conversation  his teammates were having. As soon as dinner was over, he took out his phone,  and sent her an message  on Instagram. Her account  was public and messages were open.

Shubman: "Hey, this is the guy that accidentally  barged into your room today, just wanted to say I'm sorry I didn't mean to,I thought he was trying  to hit you, that's why I entered the room. I'm sorry."

A few minutes  later, his phone dinged with a incoming  notification,  stating that she had accepted his request for chat and replied back. He opened  the messaging  app with shaking  hands.

Sara: "it's ok. It's completely  fine."

Shubman  should  have left it at that, but he is known to make his own problems, so he as usual  took the bait and typed.

Shubman: "BTW he was wrong tho"

Sara:  wrong ?

Shubman: I accidentally heard some things, I really I didn't  mean to.
He said you're ugly, fat, nerdy. You're clearly not.

Sara: Okay. Thank you.

Sara: wait you mean to say- I'm hot?

Shubman: no-shit , no mam, that's not what I meant.

Sara: so, you're saying  you don't  find me hot.

Shubman: No no no mam, sorry.

Sara: Aree yrr ye yes, no me kaha ghuma rhe ho, seedha answer kro 😂

Shubman: mam?

Sara: ye mam , mam kya laga rakha h, wait lemme call you.

And his phone lit up with a call from Sara's instagram.

His hands shook as he answered  it.

Shubman: Hii-ii

Sara: "Hii Shubman, this is Sara, and yes you can call me Sara, everyone does, mam mat bolo, utni izzat k lyak nhi hu" mirth evident from her tone.

Shubman: "mam-I mean Sara, I mean to say that- that-" as usual he couldn't  speak infront  of women.

Sara :"aree Hindi me bolo yrr, koi dikkat nhi h"  she cut him off.

This gave shubman a little bit of assurance  to go on, " Sara, mai bol rha Tha ki, I'm sorry, mai just Sachin sir ko dhudne k liye ander gya Tha,  tabhi mujhe chillane ki sunay di thi, menu laga ki kuch serious matter si, so mai gya awaz k peeche, uske baad Marne ki awaz ayi, to Mai khud ko rok nhi Paya"

"It's ok Shubman" Sara said in a quiet tone reminiscing  the painful incident.
"Galti meri hi thi, mujhe pehle red flags dekhne chahiye the, andhi thi mai, akal aa gyi thikane" she tried to lighten up the conversation,  but her fake laugh, failed to mask the morbid tone of her voice.

"Mujhe pta h, Mai koi nhi Bolne k liye, but wo ladka manipulative lag rha Tha, wo tumhe guilty feel karane ki kosis Kar rha Tha, and shyd wo succeed bhi Kar gya, tum apne apko kos rhi hu, jabki galti uski h"
He paused for a moment  before continuing.

" Mera in chizo me experience nhi h, but Maine apni didi k boyfriends ko dekha h, unhe bht hurt hote hue dekha h, she is always  smiling, hiding  her pain, but mujhe pta h wo kis cheez se gujri h, tumhe dekke mujhe apni didi ki yaad aa gyi"