Manifesting Heaven

Sara reaching  London, found herself missing Shubman. It had been 12 hours , since she had last heard from him. Yesterday was his match, he had told him how strict his father  was regarding  his career and how he didn't  want to disappoint his father by losing  this match. She was worried, how he was? Was he ok?

Shubman was a sensitive soul, he was bothered by others expectations,  others opinions  and others behaviors towards  him. She had understood  this by now, she felt protective towards him as she did with the younger brother, both were alike in this sense.

However,  her feelings  for Shubman were far from brotherly. She was a sensible  woman, but a woman in the least. Shubman was cute, if one wished to describe him in one word, his smile, his puppy like  excitement, his shyness  all added to his charms. On top of this were his chiseled biceps that peeked from his t-shirt. Hell, even a blind woman could get wet at sight of them. He was in short a lethal combination of sugar and spice.

As soon as she reached the hostel, she put her phone on charge, the long flight has not only drained her phones battery but hers as well. The thought of tomorrow's  3 classes , didn't  calm her a bit. While her phone was charging,  In the meantime, she began doing  pre reading for her Anatomy class.

It was only the next afternoon,  when she was done with her classes, she got a chance to text him.

He had texted how they had won the match but only by marginal runs and he needed to practice. Typical Shubman, she mused. This was followed by a good morning,  which he might have texted this morning,  and a follow up that he's going  to practice  for the finals, will be back by night only.

Similar pattern followed the days thereafter. They were hardly  online at the same time. Shubman as expected was fully immersed  in his practice  for the finals, Sara on the other hand had her upcoming  midsems and viva keeping her busy. For days it was just a exchange of good mornings and good Nights and sometimes  small incidents that took place during  the days.

Sara's  midsems went as good as a medical course's midsems would go. Sara and her friends, barely had any sleep over the last week and had reserved this weekend  to wind out. Booze was brought in, ( yes Sara has been accustomed to alcohol by now, being  a medical student  does that to you) so was pizzas.

Shubman's  match was scheduled  for yesterday, which he said would be followed by a meeting with Rahul Dravid sir. He had informed her that he would switch his phone off, for a few days to avoid  any distractions altogether. She had done the same during  her midsems, it was only today she had switched on her phone and called her parents right after.

Alina her roommate, was filling the cups, light music flowed through  the room.

"I don't need no moneyy~~"
"As long as I can feel the beats"

Sia's voice blared through  the speakers. Mocking  their situation, she was broke indeed. Living on her own is tough, London being  one of the most expensive cities in the world  didn't  help. She had stopped taking  money from her parents as soon as she turned 18. She survived  on her freelancing  editing skills and her scholarship  in medical school.

She was fully into the music, moving  her drunken  limbs , when Shubman  had called her. Shubman was speaking  something  rapidly, which she could hardly hear clearly over the music. She went to the balcony  to hear him clearly.

"Bolun kya hua?" Came Shubman's  voice through  the speaker.

"Haan, haan , ye music bza rhe ye log isliye itni disturbance  h, tu bta kya hua match me, thik h na tu" Sara's  voice laced with concern.

"Aree thik hu yrr mai-"

"Tera bharosa nhi h, pichli baar you played a century with a injured arm, aise kon karta h" Sara's  worried tone was clear.

"Wo ek baar Tha bas, tu sunn na-"

"Bol?"

"We won the match" Shubman  said in a single breath.

"Waohhhh, congratulations baby! " If you ask Sara , she would  still say it was the alcohol that was to be blamed for the slip of tongue and not her feelings.

Shubman was left still for a moment, if he had heard right. She did call him baby, did she not. He was hearing  weird things.  Why would  she call him baby, were they dating  and he didn't  know it yet?  They did text each other daily for the past month,  and a million other questions  raced through  his mind.

As the silence from the other side stretched,  her mortification  grew. Shit. Do something,   kuch soch, what have you done. Her mind was running in full speed searching  for excuses.

"Sorry wo muh se nikl gya, I was talking to a friend  while talking  to you, so galat jagh bol gyi, sorry" Shubman  suddenly  felt something  rearing  it's head inside of him , something  akin to jealousy, whom she was referring  to as baby if not him. He realized he had never asked her if about her relationship  status, if she was single, had she broken up with her boyfriend.

He was a bit disheartened,  but he didn't  want to ruin his friendship with her, because of feelings.

"Koi nhi , koi nhi" shubman  said in a laid back tone masking his hurt.

"Mai wahi bol rha Tha ki match Jeet gye and I'm selected for India A team! mere sath Abhishek bhi select hua humari team se, hme Chennai me hi rehkar practice karwaenge" he said mustering some earlier lost enthusiasm.

"Sach me?" Sara's  tone was as cheerful as ever. "Party banti h ab Shub" she joked.

Shubman's  mood was lifted at that, "De dunga De dunga, sabkoi party Mang rhe , ab tum bhi Mang rhi ho, De dunga" he said.

"Tum btao exam kaise gye? Party ki awaz  sunke lagta h paper phod k aayi ho" he quipped.

"Medical me aacha kya bura kya, jitna padke jao, ane 40% hi h" Sara replied  with mirth in her voice.

"Aise kya? Topper logo mai se ho Tum, kya lagta h mai nhi Jan paya tumhe abhi tak, jab dekho padti rehti ho, ab aise bol rhi ho, baad me paper ayenge , to madam ne class top kia h" Shubman laughed.

"Haan Haan uda lo majak, I'm not the one Jo roz 8 hours practice  karta h, phir bolta h aj practice  acchi nhi hui" Sara fired back.

"Aree Tum janti ho mujhe, I like to excel" He said laughing.

A silence fell over, which was broken by Sara's  question.

"Papa ji ko call Kiya tune apne" Sara asked.

"Nhi abhi karne wala hu, he will be happy don't worry. " He smiled through  the phone, she had remembered his insecurity  about his dad. Yaar kitni caring  h ye, wahe guru, he shouted internally.

"Tum jao Party enjoy Karo, mai bhi khake ake text karta, bas ye btane k liye calk Kia Tha ki selection  ho gya"

"Thik h , Jake kha lo, Kal subha text karna"

"Good night"

"Good night baby" said Shubman mockingly,  emphasising  on the word baby.

"Aree yrr, galti se ho gya" Sara whined, "aur Kitne mje lega bas Kar.

All was heard was Shubman's  booming laughter in response.

I don't there is some technical  issue, I'm unable to italics  the words or upload pictures, if somebody  can help please help.

The chapters after 9, will be mature ones, so reader discretion is adviced. ( Don't take me seriously I'm joking)