Invitation from God

The rest of the match went as expected, after a century by Abhishek, it was clear Maharashtra was losing.

Shubman  was watching  the match intently, when he saw Abhishek walking  towards him, as he reached closer, he got up to fist bump him. "Nice play mann"

Abhishek smirked at him, " aacha to tu khel rha h, Player sala!"

"Hein?"

"Aree tab se Sara Teri tarf dekh rhi h, bc " Abhishek  continued " tu iski tarf dekha hoga shyd, uske baad se wo tab se Baari baari Teri hi tarf dekhi jaa rhi h"

"Kya Baat Kar rha h" shubman  laughed.

"Wahi na, dekhna to mujhe chahiye, batting to Mai Kar rha Tha " he joked pretending  to be hurt.

Shubman turned quickly  to look at Sara, to check , whether Abhi was joking  or there's some element of truth.

But Abhishek  was quick to move his body and seclude his line of sight.
" aree bsdk tu uski tarf abhi dekhega to usko pta chal jayega hum log uske bare me baat Kar rhe h"

Shubman crackles, "aree yrr, chal chal, dressing room me chalte h, lunch karke phir practice  bhi Karni h, agli match Delhi walon k sath h, those guys freak me out with their sledging, Maa bhen pe utar ate h sale"

Trudging  towards the dressing room, they were joking  along the way. Abhishek replied " tu un players se darr rha h, mai to aj k liye Dara hua Tha, Kamlesh bol rha Tha ki Sachin sir Anne wale the match dekhne humari, Mai itna dar gya Tha"

Shubman opening the door to the dressing room-" aree ye U19 state matches, wo kyu dekhne aayenge, hum Utne Mahan nhi h" his sarcastic  tone accompanying  his words.

" well , you're wrong shubman, here  I am."

Shubman's gaze followed the gruff voice, his eyes went wide as he saw Sachin sir standing  in the middle of the dressing  room, with all the players, standing  in a circle, with their hands behind their back.

" sorry sir," came out in his squeaky voice, at the sudden surprise.

"I'm deeply  offended shubman ,didn't  expect from you to discuss your seniors" he said in a unemotional tone.

"No no no sir, Mera wo Matlab nhi Tha, Mai sir- wo sir-" shubman stumbled over his words, his hands clammy with anxiety surging  through  him.

" you didn't  want me to see you play?"

"Na- nahi sir, shit, I mean- sorry sir"

Sachin sirs laugh boomed across the room, " I was joking  beta, don't be so serious, come, come inside"

Sachin sir turned  his attention to the entire group,  who were quietly  watching  the exchange between shubman and Sachin sir, unfolding  infront of them.

"I just wanted to say, you guys played really well, specially  you people  Abhishek and shubman" " I would  like to invite you guys to my mansion for a brunch today, as you guys are in Mumbai,  we have invited the entire Maharashtra  team multiple  times, it would  be great if you guys could join us this time!" Sachin sir said with his hands clasping  infront of him,  a wide smile on his face.

"Sure sir, that would  be a pleasure " It was Abhishek  who spoke up, among the awe stricken boys.

Sachin sirs continued,  " there's two black SUVs on the exit of the stadium, hop on, I hope two would suffice for the entire team, if there's less space, some of you can even sit at the backseat of my personal  car"

With this , he left the room , his bodyguards  following  him.

A moment  of silence passed ,the entire team took a min to come to terms with the invitation  they had just received  from their idol.

It was nagarkoti who spoke up, " Sara hogi na udhar?!"

" Sachin sir k ghr me ghuskar tu Sara pe line marega, Sharm karle todhi, cricket  k God h wo, God se darr" shubman rebuked him playfully. Others broke out laughing.

I had written these two chapters back to back

I had written these two chapters back to back. Hope you liked it!

Please vote and comment, I'll try my best to write further as soon as I get time.

Updates will be bi weekly, dheere dheere.