The mortals and the elites

Shubman was exhilarated when he got the chance to play for under 19. He was confident  enough  for under 14 selection but under 19 was totally  out of the blue.

This had brought  significant  changes in his life. His dad was now totally focusing  on his cricket career. He liked school and would not have minded pursing  a career in the academic  field if things in the cricket  sphere had not turned out this well. Every coach around  him told him he was talented, little did  they know that they mistook his toil for talent. He had worked day and night, perfecting  each and every shot, eliminating  technical weakness, to reach where he is.

Shubman now fully focused on cricket, forego his college plans. He played from state team of Punjab and was playing against  the team in maharashtra.

Shubman walks into the changing  room, only to see all some of the player herding  around Abhishek Sharma, his friend and fellow team mate.

Shubman inquisitive, speaks up " kya matter ho gya bhai ab, match se pehle sab Abhi k phone me kyu ghuse ho"

Abhishek  lifts up his head, his eyes lit with excitement, " aree match dekhne kon aaya h pta h?!, tu yakeen nhi karega" he proceeds to snatch his mobile from a fellow player and lift it straight  up to show shubman. ( you know who has come to see the match? You won't believe  me)

"Ladki tot to h but ye h kon?" Shubman looks at the insta page perplexed. ( girls hot,but who's she?)

"Kya Baath Kr rha h bhai?"
" tu isko nhi janta" Abhishek  shakes his head, " nam padh insta I'd pe"

"Sara Tendulkar? Sachin sir ki beti? Wo chota si thi na, ye itni badi kabse ho gyi?"

"Aree tu kabke photos Dekha h Sachin sir k, ye 2 years badi h humse, Arjun ki Badi behn" Abhishek utters matter of factly.

"Aacha Arjun ko support karne aayi h waah" shubman said half impressed. " meri bhn to mujhe bas tang karti h, support to dur ki Baat h. Karte honge ameer log"

"Aree Teri kyu jaal rhi h, itni sundar ladki aayi h dekhne,  mauka accha h ,kya pta pat jayee" Abhishek looks at the photo on the insta page dreamily.

"Iske Sath date pe Jane k liye to Mai kuch bhi De du, aaye hyeee" Nagarkoti puts a hand over his heart for the dramatic  effect.

"Match pe Dhyan Dena bhai, ye ladki dekhne k chakkr me kya pta stumped out ho jao" shubman jested. "Chalo ab get ready, 20 mins h ab"

It was after he had  finished his batting  as a opener, bowled out at after a decent score of 95(70), he finally  got a good look at Sara. He was walking towards  the benches ,when he saw her in the upper lobby, fully invested in the game. Punjab team had a good start, and was likely  to win the match today,if things  continue  to favor  them. The strain that her brothers team was gonna lose was clearly  visible  on her face. Her eyebrows knit together  in stress and concentration. Her brown tresses flowing  into her face, only to be put in place behind her ears with her slender fingers. She moved her fingers and reached towards her lips, her teeth clearly  bitting  her nails, a external sign of her anxiousness.

She was cute indeed. In that white sundress of hers, draped across her milky white skin, she was no less than an angel. Clearly out of his league.

Cricket had a glamorous side, that no one could deny. The moment  he got into U19 Punjab team, he was invited to social gatherings  of the chandigarh elite. With their fake Canadian  accent, sophisticated  English and caricaturish manners, they intimidated him. His intimidation turned into humiliation when he was unable to pronounce  a Italian dishes name on the menu. He was on a double date, with his friend Jhugnu. The girl he was supposed  to be dating  and her friend  had not only made of his Punjabi accent laden broken  English, but this unability to pronounce  a word, made them look at him with disgust.

From that incident  onwards he had got his head around  the fact that these popular  pretty women, were  to stay away from. He could never fit into their idea of sophisticated  gentleman, and he himself  didn't  want any further humiliation, as a result, he tried his best to stay away from the popular circles. They called him arrogant, but he was going places, so those gossips hardly mattered to him anymore.

Sara to him, seemed to be cut from the same cloth as them. Elite, rich ,socialite, a loaded father funding  her education  and escapades. Typical.

Some of you guys might have seen my other account  Born_to_Shit , this is my throwaway  account, as my friends follows me on that account, I am kind of apprehensive  to post it from that account, because of the mature content this story will have ...

Some of you guys might have seen my other account  Born_to_Shit , this is my throwaway  account, as my friends follows me on that account, I am kind of apprehensive  to post it from that account, because of the mature content this story will have later. So here I am, with a new account.

Pleaseee don't  forget to vote and comment, if you'd  like to read more. Or if want a specific  plot line. Or you want to criticize on any aspect.

Thank you for reading!

God is great!