Chapter 16. The Strongest Sword

As Tanjiro was lying unconscious in the Butterfly estate it had been three weeks since the battle with Akaza.

Tanjiro's Dream -

Tanjiro was in a strange place, fire everywhere though it didn't feel hot at all, as Tanjiro was trying to figure out where he was, he saw that man again.

"Tanjiro...you have exceeded my expectations. Now you must go and obtain your reward..."

"WAIT! I have a question, what is your name?"

"Yoriichi, Yoriichi Tsugikuni"

Yoriichi...Tsugikuni? Is he related to me? Wait! Is he my great great grandpa? I remember that name from our family tree!

Tanjiro thought, as he was about to ask more questions, he was pulled back to reality. He realized he had been staring at the celling, just then he heard shatters.

"Huh..?"
Tanjiro weakly turned his head to the side to see Kanao standing with tears in her eyes.

"Tanjiro...You woke up"
She said as she came over to the edge of the bed Tanjiro was lying on to.

"How long have I been asleep for?"
Tanjiro questioned

"Three weeks, we thought you were in a coma, your injuries are healed but it is advised you stay here for a little longer"
Kanao answered.

As they were talking, Tanjiro fell asleep again.

Two weeks later -

A Hashira meeting was called, the crow said that it was really important.
All of them were kind of worried as they might have thought that one of the Hashira has died. They all arrived at the Ubayashiki mansion.

"I have called this Hashira meeting for an important purpose, I would like to have you all welcome another addition to the ranks of the Hashira"Kagaya said.

All of them then noticed a figure behind Kagaya, it had really long hair and such, it was tied in a ponytail.

The figure slowly walked out.

It was Tanjiro.
All the Hashira were kind of shocked to see 11 Hashira in one generation.

"With the defeat of Uppermoon 3 and Lower Moon one, along with two and six. I reward Tanjiro Tsugikuni with the title of Hashira, Tanjiro, I believe you can make quite some friends for your first Hashira meeting"
Kagaya said.

Tanjiro then walked over to the rest of the Hashira and kneeled down.

"After the killing of Uppermoon 3, demon activity has decreased by a lot, I think that Muzan is now looking for a replacement"

"We must be cautious now, as I believe that Muzan might be preparing stronger demons for us to fight. I would appreciate your opinions on this matter"
Kagaya said.

"Oyakata-sama, even if Muzan is finding for a replacement for Upper Moon 3, he can't really replace it as the new Upper Moon will have less experience, the demon will be much weaker compared to the one me and Rengoku-San fought"
Tanjiro said.

"Very well then, that's a good answer"
Kagaya said.

After a few minutes, the meeting was dismissed.