Chapter 14. Lower Moon 1, Enmu

Warning: Suicide.

Preciously -

"Tanjiro...there's something you must cut"

Tou-san...something I must cut?

I think I know what it is.

Present -

I must cut my own neck! Though if the dream links to reality, it'll all be over. No, it shouldn't work like that.

Tanjiro then puts up the sword to his neck and closes his eyes as he slashes his neck.

Tanjiro jolts awake as he looks at his surroundings.
Nezuko looked upset while holding her forehead. It seemed to be bleeding.

They're all sleeping...and who are these people? Rengoku-San.

Rengoku seemed to be choking a girl.

Tanjiro then feels something against his wrist.

A rope? Are all of them tied to ropes like this? I should cut it, wait no, I have a feeling I shouldn't use my blade to cut these.

"Nezuko, can you use those flames you did on me with these ropes?"
Tanjiro asked

"Mhmmm mhhhmmm"

Nezuko then started burning all the ropes from their wrists.
As she was done.

They still haven't woke up?

"Ah, good girl Nezuko"
Tanjiro pats Nezuko's head.

If they still haven't woke up, I should then go and kill the demon behind this.

The people that had the wrist ropes tied to them started getting up.

Suddenly a girl charged at Tanjiro with a knife.

"Why must you get in the way of our dreams!"
The girl said.

"And you, get up, we know you're awake. I don't care if you have TB, I'll tell him and he won't let you have any dreams!"
The girl said pointing at a boy in the corner. It was the girl Rengoku was choking.

He's sick? He must be trying to have a good dream to forget about this life, honestly I really wanted to stay in my dream too.

"I have to go and fight, sorry."
Tanjiro then knocked out all the people, chopping their necks a little gently. Trying not to harm them.
As he went over to the girl who was trying to attack him earlier, tried to use her knife again but Tanjiro dodged and knocked her out too.
He looked over to the boy who was sick.

"Go and fight..."
The boy said, wiping away tears.

"Hai"
Tanjiro said.

Tanjiro was now getting on top of the roof of the train. Nezuko was going to follow him up but he told her to try and wake up the others.

As Tanjiro climbed up, he noticed the foul scent of the demon. It was nothing like the Lower Moons he killed before. This demon seemed to be the strongest out of Lower Moon 2, 6 and 5.

As he went up further, he saw the demon.

Lower Moon 1.

"I guess the children weren't that good enough, wait, you are the slayer with the hanafuda earrings! How lucky of me, I kill the Hashira and you and then I get a good share of his blood"