Chapter 3. Deja Vu

Yoriichi Tsugikuni, the greatest demon slayer to have ever lived.

Yoriichi's wife has been murdered by a demon.

Yoriichi's POV(Tanjiro's Dream)

When I left my house to fetch a midwife.
(Someone who helps the woman in labour if you don't know what midwife means)
An old man wanted to visit his dying son, I helped him to it.
But then the sun was setting, I quickly went over to my house. Only to find my wife dead. I was shattered, like glass. I didn't know what to do.

Until then, I heard cries.
My wife was successful in giving birth, though she was killed. I quickly embraced my newborn son with tears of happiness.

I buried my wife and then a demon slayer came over to me as to ask me to join the demon slayers and so I did.
I failed at the only thing I was born to do, annihilate the demon king.

I still believed what I might not be able to do, someone else could succeed in. I taught my son all of my secrets and such.

I also passed over my Nichirin sword and my hanafuda earrings my beloved mother made for me.

I died in peace in my final moments in front of my now demon brother, knowing I had passed over my legacy, breathing style and the blessings I had through my son. (Selfless state, transparent world)

And then, as soon as the dream ends. Tanjiro hears a voice.

"Tanjiro Tsugikuni"
He looks over to see a man with long red/black hair and a mark...the same one as his.

"You are my descendant

"You are my descendant. I am sorry for what happened to your family, I've done unforgivable things"
The man said

"No! What are you talking about? I don't blame you for any of it"
Tanjiro said but the man couldn't hear him at all.

"Though, before I go, I must teach you my breathing style. The sun breathing, you see. Hinokami Kagura in your family is a watered down version of my breathing style"
The man said and then started dancing as flames surrounded him. It was as if a god was dancing.
Tanjiro burned every single move in his memory. As he thought that he might be disrespecting Hinokami (The Fire God) if he didn't do so. 
As the man finished dancing, fire started covering the entire place and then Tanjiro jolted awake. In the middle of the night.

He then went over to grab a practice sword that was lying on the outside of the house which might've been the training ground.
He walked up to the clear area and the first words that came to his mind.

Sun Breathing First form. Sun Waltz!

Sun Breathing Second form. Blue Heaven!

Sun Breathing Third form. Scorching Crimson Mirror!

And then, Tanjiro continued to perform the breathing style. Going from the first form to the twelfth, not knowing how but it was as if his body was moving in a natural way, some kind of special power...

Sakonji woke up due to the amount of noise Tanjiro was making outside

Sakonji's eyes widened behind the mask as he saw Tanjiro outside with his wooden sword.

Wait...could-could he be the descendant of that man, it's the exact same breathing style.
(Yoriichi was a well-known person in the corps even after he was banished. Though few people know about his existence after 400 years)

Urokodaki walked up to him

"Tanjiro? What are you doing out here? You've been doing this for so long"
Sakonji questioned his student.

"Hours? It felt like minutes, I am sorry if I woke you up Urokodaki-san."
Tanjiro apologized.

"Tanjiro, how did you learn that breathing style?"
As Tanjiro was about to walk away, Sakonji managed to question him again.

"I don't know Urokodaki-san, it feels as if I've done a thousand times before, even though I don't remember any of it"
Tanjiro said with a confused look on his face.

"Hmm"
Sakonji replied.

Urokodaki walked with Tanjiro back to into the little hut.

691 words...

Author's note - Thank you very much for reading this!