a weird job

"Strange?"

Valerie looked away slightly, while holding her sleeve.
"I'm not permitted to tell any person outside of the pizzaplex staff information that can be considered classified. It's...in the contract." Contract? Now that's just sketchy.
Valerie seemed to be anxious now, her eyes never leaving the ground. You gave her a suspicious glare, which she noticed when she looked back up at you.

"Oh, would you look at the time," She swiftly changed the topic. "My lunch break is over!" She backed away. "Feel free to visit whenever ya want. I'll text you my break hours!" She chirped before turning around to the entrance doors again.

Weird. You scratched the back of your head, then turned back to your car.

Valerie never tells me the truth...what made me ever think she would this time. You huffed in annoyance, feeling rather tired. The nightmare you had previously still bothered you quite a bit, even when you wanted to pretend it didn't.
I feel bad for whoever's gonna take that job with the daycare thing. You shivered slightly, opening your car door, and placing yourself in the driver seat.

I should go pick up some food for Calypso. You decided, redirecting your car to the direction of the store.
Usually there was traffic around this area, but you thankfully got away before it started. The store was didn't have too much people, meaning there were plenty of parking spaces.

A bell chimed when you opened the door to the little store, and a cute old lady waved in greeting.
"Hello there! If you need anything, please let me know!" You nodded, not in the mood for much social interaction after your previous odd one.
You were faced with very few options; expensive fancy wet food and dry food, or cheap not-so safe wet and dry food. Hmm...

Your thoughts were interrupted when a heavy hand touched your shoulder. You jumped slightly, turning to see what it was. A man wearing a name tag that read 'Erik' on it stood next to you with a customer service smile plastered on his face. You raised an eyebrow in confusion, "uh-" you stepped back slightly.
"I suggest the [expensive brand name] for cats." He romeved his hand from your shoulder, placing it on his hip. He took notice to your silence, looking slightly hurt? "I'm Erik." He motioned a finger to his nametag making you make a sarcastic comment to yourself; oh, I didn't notice!

"Yeah- hi- I'm y/n." You picked up the bag of expensive dry food, and a box of expensive wet food. My bank account is crying... You sighed.
"Not the talkative type, I see!" He chuckled. You just stared at him, putting on a fake smile. Erik seemed like the 'where my hug at?' Type of guy, making you scrunch your face in slight disgust. Someone's uncle type of vibes... You scowled to yourself. "Well, y/n, that's a beautiful name." A slight shade of pink brushed over your face. "Oh, thanks." Your voice came off in a monotone way, which made you feel kinda bad in return. "I mean, uh- you too?" You were straight up embarrassing yourself at this point. Stop talking! Stop talking!  He only laughed again as a reply. "You think so?" He crossed his arms. "We should get to know each other a bit better, don't ya think?" He looked you up and down, clearly signaling a desperate rat tryna get a date with you. "Uh..." You didn't really know how to to respond.

Erik flipped his brown hair to the side, smiling wider. "How 'bout I get your number?" My number? Are you serious? An idea spawned in your head, and you grinned. "Sure!" Erik pulled out a piece of paper and a blue pen, handing it to you. You used to have a job at Pizza Hut, so you knew it's number by heart...you wrote the number down on the piece of paper, handing it back to him while holding back a giggle. His grin grew, not knowing what he had coming.
"I should get back to work." You nodded. "Mhmm..." You giggled while passing him, checking out your items, and heading back to your car. Dumbass. You went into a giggle-fit when you got in your car. It lasted a good 2 minutes before you regained yourself, and headed back to your house.
When you got home, Calypso was loafing on the couch, almost asleep. You shook the bag of dry food, catching her attention. She darted towards you, meowing loudly like she hasn't eaten since the birth of Christ.
"Guess who got your fatass some more food?!" You said in a baby voice to her.