somniphobia

[If you're thinking of writing a fanfic, DON'T...THE WRITERS CURSE IS REAL AND WILL HAPPEN TO YOU...as I was writing this, a building started exploding not far from my house. IT LASTED OVER AN HOUR]

꧁❣٭~~~~~~~~~☽☼☾~~~~~~~~~٭❣꧂

You felt around your stomach area and your throat, relieved to not find the warm liquid covering you anymore. You went to your pocket to grab your phone, then remembered that you'd forgotten it before you left your house.
What time is it?! You looked up to meet eyes with your animatronic friend. He stared with one 'eyebrow' raised at you, seemingly confused and concerned.

"You fell?"
He pointed a finger down at you, making you realize you were in fact laying on the floor with the security desk chair.
Your face flushed, embarrassed that you fell in your sleep in PUBLIC.

"Uhm..." He cut you off, "you shouldn't fall asleep on the job!" He crossed his arms. For a second you were a bit nervous that he'd tell on you or something, but what was he gonna do? Valerie won't care. Plus, you could honestly steal his limbs if you wanted.
You pinched and rubbed the bridge of your nose with your pointer finger and thumb.
"Look, Sun, I had a bad night."
He uncrossed his arms and began to tap his 'chin' with a finger.

"I do have something you could try...no, no, I don't know where those went..." You positioned the chair back on its feet and say back down on it, raising an eyebrow as he continued to mumble to himself.
"And that is?" He jumped at your interrupting.
"Oh, it's nothing. Just...we had these candies stashed somewhere for kids that wouldn't fall asleep...BUT I don't know where they are now! Fazbear says they're safe, but sometimes I don't know who to trust..." Not Fazbear.

"What candies? Like your Sunnydrop candies?" You questioned curiously, beginning to cross your legs.
"That's right! But they were sleepy-time candy. Moooooondrops!" You could feel the color drain from your face at the mention of Moon. You froze where you were, your eyes widening. He's seriously gonna haunt me for the rest of my days working here.

"M-Moon?" You felt like a neglected dog in a pound. Like a mouse trying to exist without being at the bottom of the food chain.
Sun nodded, his usual smile fading into one of slightly deep thought and worry.
You shook the fear of your previous dreams off and began to get up from your chair.

"It's almost time for me to go." You mumbled in a deadpan tone.
"B-but can't you stay for arts and crafts? Now wouldn't that be SO much more fun?"
You rolled your eyes. The lack of decent sleep was beginning to make you more irritatable and grumpy.
"No one ever wants to stay with me!" Sun huffed, crossing his arms and you rolled your eyes again.

"Whatever, I'll be back tomorrow." Sitting up, you grabbed your stuff (including the mask you took from p&s and your new uniform)
"whatttEVERR!"
It was clear you and Sun definitely had a friend but enemy type relationship. Maybe that'll change.

You slumped in your car seat when you got to your car. The only lights visible were from the buttons in your car, the street lights, and the neon light illuminating from the Mega Pizzaplex.

Your brain was on autopilot during most of the car ride. Like always, Calypso was impatiently waiting at the door when you entered your home. And of course she darted towards her food bowl.
"Hey kitty..." You grumbled.

Your pants were assaulted by cat fur when you filled her food bowl with some dry food.
You switched the TV on and searched through each streaming service for something to watch.
"No...no...absolutely not...ugh!!" You through your head back in defeat. Maybe I should just head to bed. Standing up, you tossed the remote to the side and slowly made your way up the stairs to your room.

You left the door cracked for Calypso to freely go in and out of your room. You winced at the thought of having another nightmare about Moon. You cuddled up close to a squishy gray cat plushie laying on your bed, squeezing your eyes shut.
Maybe if I count to 100? No, that's stupid. You tossed and turned to try to sleep, but at the same time, you didn't want to. The thought of falling asleep struck anxiety into your heart.
The darkness of your room and the rest of your house didn't make anything feel better, neither did the fact that you still had to go into work tomorrow.

Gotta pay bills...gotta pay bills...
You tolded yourself over and over again in your head.
You groaned in annoyance, switching your gaze to the bunny mask you picked up earlier that day. It's crimson eyes almost looked like they were glowing against the light of your room.
That thing looks stupid. You sighed, still refusing to sleep. You slowly got out of bed and switched the light on to get a better look at the mask.
You picked it up, taking in every detail. It looked like a typical fursona.

Curiously, you once again put it up to your face, but this time putting the strap around your head. Your eyes widened in it, everything was...purple? It was almost like a VR headset, it was fascinating.
"Woah- what the..."
You stood up and began to walk around your room.
Should I tell Valerie about this? Though it was weird, you figured it was probably just a scrapped prototype of a new toy for the gift shop. There was a lot of weird toys in the gift shop after all.

"I wonder if this is like a..game. It's kinda cool!" You almost began to feel like a kid finding a new mobile game to play.

A slight pain struck through your head, like a migraine starting to form. You grunted and pulled the mask from your face, rubbing your forehead.
Interesting...
You gulped down some water to get rid of the pain. Probably just the lack of sleep. You guessed and shrugged it off.
"Wait until Val hears about this one!" You giggled to yourself.
"So weird."

You tossed and turned some more, still unable to sleep. Tears started to form in your eyes at the memory of your previous dreams. Does he actually look like that? No, no...ive seen posters of him. You began to think that Moondrops didn't sound too bad. The dread of thinking about falling asleep and having more nightmares tore at your brain more than anything. It was pure agony trying to keep your eyes open.
You screamed into your pillow angirly.
Maybe some music will help me out.

You pulled some earbuds from your nightstand and opened up Spotify. You searched through your playlists for an appropriate song for your current mood.
"Dude, this sucks." You put on the universally known song between each and every Sun and Moon fan...you all should know it...got any guesses? Could it possibly be a FNaF song? The wonderfully known song...

Rises The Moon.
Yup. You (well some of you at least) guessed it! A classic Liana Flores song that every Sun and Moon fan knows and assumes Moon would sing to stupid fetuses that didn't want to fall asleep.

You let the soothing melody ring in your ears until you eventually let your drooping eyes close and let your ears listen. It was soft, calming, sweet. The lyrics and noise rocked you until your brain finally relaxed into sleep.
You breathing softened, everything went still. Not a single scream you remembered from your dreams. No drop of crimson red blood, no sharp talons ripping through skin and flesh. It was nice. You had nothing to worry about...not for now...

It was nice, you weren't excited to wake up.

꧁❣٭~~~~~~~~~☽☼☾~~~~~~~~~٭❣꧂
1333

Pretty short chapter, I didn't have many ideas for this one.
Updated a bit late cuz I've had an awful week.

This is gonna end up a love story cuzzz ANY TYPE OF BOOK WITHOUT LOVE IS BORRRRRINGGG

Anyways, these are my cats