Chapter 7

"Jumbi!" Johnny yelled at the students

"Jumbi!" Johnny yelled at the students. Everyone now got a cobra Kai gi.

"Bow." Sensei and the students both did what he said. "Fighting positions!"

He kicked one of Eli's foot forward. "Stabilize your base, Hawk. Keep your balance, full rotation when you strike." He showed.

"Yes sensei, hai!" Hawk said, following the movements.

When he turned a student flinched.

"Did you just flinch, virgin?" Johnny asked him.

He stepped a bit forward to another student who flinched as well.

"Holy shit. We got a room full of flinchers." He said unimpressed.

"Yes sensei!" His students said. Elena sighed.

"That was not a question!" Johnny said moving around the room. "Raise your hand if you've never been punched in the face."

Everyone expect Elena, Aisha and Miguel raised their hands.

"Put your hands down." He ordered. "All your lives, you've been avoiding fights. So you don't break your nose or lose a tooth. This concussion is nonsense. So there's only one solution, and this is before you leave this dojo, each and everyone of you is gonna take a punch, very hard, to the face."

"Spain, Ms. Robinson, line 'em up." He spoke to the only girls. "Unflinch this group."

"Yes sensei." The girls said in sync.

The girls both went to one of the lines and looked at each other. They punched the boys in sync.

Punching one boy after the other.

Hawk was in the line to get punched by Elena.

"You sure you wanna do this?" She asked him.

"Yeah, it can't be that bad. I can take it." He said to convince her.

"Okay, don't cry when your nose bleeds." She said getting in a fighting stance.

She punched him, hard. He fell onto the ground.

"He's okay!" She said, everyone staring at the boy on the ground.

"I'm okay." He groaned. "It's just a tooth."

ᡣ𐭩 •。ꪆৎ ˚⋅

The next day at karate Elena, Aisha, Miguel and Hawk were stretching together. Miguel talking about a date idea for tonight. He's taking Sam out.

"I need somewhere romantic, but not too romantic." He said.

Aisha rolled her eyes at the comment.

"You could take her to get tattoos." Hawk came up with an idea.