Chapter IX

(Y/n) returned from the bridge between the two worlds and was near a village, she approached the village and heard a commotion. (Y/n) saw Miroku who was being tied up and Kagome and Sango who were trying to talk to the residents. 

I watched from the top of the tree. "Are you sure it was Miroku who tricked you?" Sango said. The residents unanimously said yes, "wow..." said (Y/n) surprised to see the residents so angry.

Inuyasha finally spoke and shouted "YOU ARE SO NOISY...!!! (all residents are silent) If Miroku is the culprit, you should have proof," said Inuyasha. The residents all grinned and took out evidence in the form of leaves, "pffttt... hahaha" (Y/n) couldn't help but laugh. 

This made all the residents and Inuyasha's group turn towards her. "(Y/n)?!" Kagome and Sango said in unison. "Miko?" said several villagers who saw (Y/n).

"Ooo... I'm sorry if I disturbed your conversation hahaha" said (Y/n) who was still laughing. "What are you doing, laughing at us, we are in a disaster," one of the residents protested to (Y/n). 

"I'm sorry hahaha... but you were fooled by a raccoon demon (glances at Miroku), and I'm sure the priest knows who did it," said (Y/n) grinning now. "That's why I said let go of my ties," said Miroku. 

I got down from the tree, and Kagome approached me "(Y/n)-chan what are you doing here" asked Kagome. "I'm carrying out my duties, (turns to the residents) do you know that Grandma's name is Chio and Grandpa's name is Otsuka?" asked (Y/n) to the residents.

A small child approached (Y/n) and told her where Grandma and Grandpa lived. (Y/n) thanked the small child. Inuyasha got closer to (Y/n) "what are you going to do to them" asked Inuyasha a little annoyed. 

(Y/n) just smiled at Inuyasha, she knew Inuyasha didn't like her, but at the same time she knew that deep in Inuyasha's heart, he was very worried and cared about her. (Y/n) just giggle "If I tell you you will be surprised even though you already know my identity", said (Y/n). 

"tsk... whatever", said Inuyasha leaving (Y/n) and Kagome.

"So? What are you going to do with them?" Kagome asked again. "I'll pick them up, it's time for them to go," said (Y/n). 

Kagome heard this, and her expression became sad. "Aren't you lonely carrying out duties like this?" Kagome asked again. (Y/n) just smiled and nodded her head, and went to do her job. 

Kagome looked at (Y/n) with a sad expression and turned back to her friends.

(Y/n) walked to the house where Grandma Chio and Grandpa Otsuka were, when (Y/n) entered the house, Grandma and Grandpa had breathed their last breath. "Are you ready to go" (Y/n) asked them, and they answered by nodding. 

Then (Y/n) started walking while being followed by the souls of Grandma Chio and Grandpa Otsuka. (Y/n) then went to the next village to pick up another soul. There was only one soul left that (Y/n) had to pick up, and he was a little boy named Kuro. 

(Y/n) found the child and Inuyasha's group. (Y/n) approached them, Kagome turned towards (Y/n) and she was very surprised to see (Y/n) who was followed by many spirits around her.

Inuyasha, Sango, Miroku, Shipo, and Kirara were also surprised when (Y/n) stood in front of them, Inuyasha tried to block (Y/n) but was held back by Kagome, they let (Y/n) pass, (Y/n) approached the child. 

He was in his mother's lap who was crying. "He's gone... I'm not ready to be abandoned by him... sob... sob..." said the mother sobbing because she had lost her child. (Y/n) wiped the mother's tears, "Sorry I couldn't save him but I came to pick him up," said (Y/n).

The mother was shocked to hear (Y/n)'s words and cried loudly. "Please don't take my child away," said the mother, still crying. (Y/n) still had to carry the child's soul. (Y/n) stood up and said to Kuro's soul "Kuro it's time to go". 

Kuro's soul approached (Y/n) then held her hand "Can you let me talk to my mother, I haven't had time to say goodbye to her when I breathed my last breath" said Kuro's soul. (Y/n) nodded and gave the opportunity, (Y/n) did several hand signs and Kuro's mother could see Kuro.

POV Kagome

I saw what (Y/n) did. The soul ball approached (Y/n), and stopped in front of (Y/n) as if it were communicating with her. 

(Y/n) did a hand sign and I could see Kuro saying goodbye to his mother. I had tears in my eyes, did this task have to be done by (Y/n) alone, she witnessed so many goodbyes, it was really sad. 

I turned towards Sango and Shipo they were crying, Miroku and Inuyasha had sad faces, it seemed they had the same thoughts as me.

No POV

Kuro had said goodbye to his mother, Kuro told his mother that they would meet again later, and the woman who would take him would protect him on the journey. 

"Kuro it's time", said (Y/n), Kuro turned towards (Y/n) and nodded "Okay, (turns back to his mother) see you later Mother", said Kuro and walked towards (Y/n) then took her hand. (Y/n) took Kuro's soul and started walking. 

Kagome and the others saw the soul ball following (Y/n) now. "Miko!!" Kuro's mother shouted, (Y/n) turned to the mother, "Please look after my child", she said smiling with tears in her eyes. (Y/n) nodded and walked back, passing Inuyasha, Kagome, Miroku, Sango, and Shipo, they saw many souls that followed (Y/n) they were floating around (Y/n)'s body. 

(Y/n) took out her scythe and opened the door to the bridge between the two worlds. Inuyasha and the others who saw this incident were stunned and sad.

(Y/N) accompanied them across the bridge between the two worlds, 'Shi... why did you choose me?' asked (Y/n) communicating with her scythe. 'Because you have something so unique that made me interested and finally chose you', said Shi. 

'But aren't there many people you can choose' asked (Y/n). 'Because only you can withstand my power' said Shi, 'if it were anyone else they would die instantly when they touch me' Shi continued. '

At that time you came to the place where I was sealed in the temple, and you touched me and nothing happened', said Shi. 'If it were an ordinary person they would die when they touch me, even miko if they touch me they will get hurt and if they force themselves to use me, they will die and destroy their souls' said Shi.

(Y/n) listened to Shi speak, and nodded. (Y/n) had arrived in front of the gate of death, he turned around and said to the souls he had picked up, "My task is finished, the rest you just need to pass through this gate," said (Y/n). 

They all passed through the gate, but one Soul stopped before entering the gate. "Why did you stop Kuro" (Y/n) asked. 

Kuro approached (Y/n) and hugged her "I don't know what makes you sad, but thank you for dropping us off", said Kuro then walked through the gate here while waving at her. 

(Y/n) smiled "You are going to a very good place Kuro" (Y/n) mumbled tears in her eyes.

(Y/n) had finished her task and she came back, Rin saw (Y/n) and ran towards her hugging her "(Y/n)-sama you are back" said Rin so happy. 

Jaken chased Rin and saw her hugging (Y/n) "(Y/n)-sama" Jaken said greeting (Y/n). (Y/n) smiled and hugged Rin back. Sesshomaru walked up to them, (Y/n) turned to Sesshomaru 'Welcome back' Sesshomaru said. (Y/n) smiled 'I'm home' she answered.

to be continued...