chapter 8

When I reached the club Jacob's assistant was waiting at the door. He guide me to the room. They already ordered dishes and was waiting for me. 

" Hey .... How have you been? ". Jake asked as soon as I entered the room. 

" Like usual boring works and meetings. How's your work going so far. ?"  I asked him . 

" There is slight problem with the directors at my side. Just because I'm young they're trying to manipulate me. Like that's going to happen. Jake scoffs. 

" Those kinds of people are everywhere. They just want everything for themselves. If they want something they should work hard for it. I don't know what's the difference between these people and thief ." Damain said with disgust. 

 " Greed makes us monster. These kind of people never learn even when they hit rock bottom. They will strive to make others miserable." I said . 

 " Ok let's drop this topic. Ray your sound heard stressed when you called me. Is something bothering you ?. Jake could tell the difference with just voice . 

   I picked up a glass of drink and finished it with one gulp. It's been a while I drank alcohol .so, it's it hits real hard on throat. Jake and Damain looked at eachother. 

" Ray is it something serious? It scaring me the way you drank it. " Damain asked me with concern. 

" I don't know if it's a problem or not. It's been bothering me for a these days .  He always shares something important with you guys , right? " I asked them .

" Even though he's not a person to share personal things, he'll inform us if it's a good news or something troubling. Why? What happened?" Jake asked seriously.

 " The day before his birthday Dad told me that dad asked him about hiring a surrogate. But he said he already planned everything. But never discussed anything with me. It's a really important matter. It's not like I'm against it . I'm happy we could have a child even though its through a surrogate. "  I told them . 

" If it's a good news what troubling you?" Damain asked me with a confused face. 

" He never discussed that he was planning something about child. I don't know ,but have a hunch that he definitely hiding something from me . I'm not against it . So , why didn't he inform it.  Did he tell you guys something? " I asked desperately. 

Jake is the first to answer. " He said about wanting to have a child . We sure encouraged him . But other than that we never had a conversation about this." 

" There's another unusual thing. I asked Liam the same question. He also said that he don't know about it.  But.... Liam said  hubby used to receive a certain phone call and he looked especially happy when he received it before his business trip. " 

" What...Liam don't know who's that? It's really wierd that he's looks especially happy with a phone call . He's not a type to be happy with a phone call other than  yours" Damain said with a confused look. 

" Guys ... He didn't cheat me, right? I have a really wierd feeling that there is something fishy. " I said with watering eyes. 

" Ray, he'll never cheat on you. I'm sure about that. Don't ever doubt his love for you. " Jake said . 

" But ....but it's going to be two years soon . The phone call and missing i hope he didn't run a away with a mistress. " I said with a quivering lips. 

Damain comes to my side and gave a hug . " You know we're his childhood friends. We know him really well. He never messed with any women or men till he found you. He never been attracted to anyone other than you. When he didn't date a girl everyone doubted that he's gay. But never looked at men either. His family and us were confused about sexuality . He only had you in his life. You can rest assured with that. " Damain said. 

" Just like Damy said he only gay for you not for other men. He always kept a Stoic face with other than his family and us. Even though this matter requires attention I'm 100% sure that he'll never cheat on you. " Jake said. 

" When will he return. I'm really tired without him. I can feel that he's alive but I why is he not returning. Does he not want me anymore. " I started to whimper. 

 " If he's alive he can't live without us man. His family is here , we're here and you're waiting for him. How can he not return with your wierd connection. We're also waiting for his return. He'll be back soon . " Jake assured me .

 The room door suddenly opens and Lucy comes with her wide smile. 

" Hey guys...even though I'm little bit late how can you guys start partying without me ." Lucy said with hands on her waist. 

"Uuhh.... You're crazy. You're late by one hour and saying little bit late . Where is your integrity.? " Damy asked amusingly. 

 " Hey..hey .. I'm a lady . I need time to get ready . I'm in search for my prince charming.so I should be extremely beautiful." Lucy said with a wink. 

" Yeah ...if that prince charming know about your shitty personality he's gonna hang himself. " Damy said. 

" You...you... bastard.... I'm let you live just because you're my brother's friend. Otherwise I would have squeezed the living light out of you. " lucy huffed dramatically.

" Ok miss firecracker...cool it down . he's just messing with you. " I said . 

" Why are you crying?" Lucy asked without thinking.

" Nothing. Just missing him . It would have been really nice if he was here. " 

" Don't be emotional and ruin everyone's mood. Let's get wasted . " Lucy cheered

" I already had enough. I'll have some dishes." I said slowly and started to eat some dishes.