𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞 ; 𝐭𝐚𝐲𝐥𝐨𝐫 𝐬𝐰𝐢𝐟𝐭

𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐂 𝐓𝐎𝐔𝐂𝐇, 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞 ; 𝐭𝐚𝐲𝐥𝐨𝐫 𝐬𝐰𝐢𝐟𝐭

"𝐨𝐟 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐧𝐨𝐰"

𝐃𝐀𝐈𝐒𝐘 𝐉𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐈𝐗

𝐒𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐎𝐍𝐄, 𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐃𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑: 𝐈 𝐒𝐀𝐖 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

Lauren froze in shock when her car's radio station suddenly started playing a familar tune. She squealed in excitement, not even turning the car off before she jumpped out of it and ran inside the diner. The smile on her face somehow grew even wider when she glanced to her left and realized the same song was playing from the jukebox.

"Daisy!" She shouted, catching a glimpse of the girl's red hair coming out from behind the counter.

"Lauren?" the girl questioned, ditching the trays of food she was holding on a random table.

"Daisy our song!" she jumped in her step, "They're playing our song!" she squealed again.

Daisy rushed toward her and both girls grabbed onto each other and the jukebox, jumping in excitement.

"That's our song!"

-ooo-

Billy Dunne: I wrote a song about hope, survival, um, the perserverance of love. Uh, and she turned it into this celebration of-of doubt, uncertainty.

Lauren Roundtree: She shook her head. Since the start of the band, we've been telling Billy to let go of the hope angle. People can relate more to doubt and fear. They always have.

Billy: I mean I fucking hated that song. He laughed. But apparently I was the only one.

-ooo-

"Smells good in here," Graham sang, stealing a piece of toast from the plate Camila was holding.

"Camila, my darling, you look ravishing this morning," Lauren spun into the kitchen behind Graham. She wrapped an arm around the brunette's shoulders pressing a kiss to the side of her head while swiping a piece of toast with the other hand.

"Hey!" she swatted at her with an oven mitt, the two laughing.

"They live in the back house so Camila doesn't have to feed you vultures!" Eddie complained.

"When's the last time anyone went through the mail?" Karen asked.

"I thought that was your job," Warren responded.

"My job?"

"Also that pile of stuff in the sink? It's getting pretty big!" Warren added.

Karen tossed a sponge at him and started sifting through the stack.

"Uh, guys...?"

"What?" Graham mumbled through the toast in his mouth.

"Does anyone know what these are?" she fanned out a stack of idential envelopes.

"No fucking way!" Lauren shouted, leaping up to grab one from her grasp.

"No that one's mine," Graham swatted her on the head.

"Well maybe I want yours," Lauren retorted back.

Billy rolled his eyes, handing Lauren hers while Graham stuck his tounge out at her.

"I'm rich! I'm rich!" Warren shouted, jumping up and down.

-ooo-

Warren Rojas: $600 went a real long way in those days.

Billy: Even though Lauren and I wrote most of the songs, we split the publishing evenly. I thought, "why not?" you know? I mean, we were a family.

Graham Dunne: First thing I bought? A surfboard.

Eddie Roundtree: A couple amps. Fuzz pedal.

Karen Sirko: Stockmarket, obviously.

Warren: Oh there was this beautiful fur vest in a shop down in Venice.

Lauren: I bought a new book because I had filled mine up.

-ooo-

The five remaining sat on the deck at the top of the house.

"How soon does it kick in?" Warren asked.

"Depends on the person," Karen replied.

Warren shot up from his seat.

"Woah," Graham mumbled.

"Come on. Now I-I feel like, on a molecular level, you know, the me and the canyon, we are... we're- Ha!" he clapped, listening to the echo. "No, we're the same, man."

"Warren's feeling it," Lauren laughed.

"Yeah, I got nothin I mean-" Graham trailed off.

-ooo-

Graham: How should I put this? With Billy and Camila out of the house, I think that we all just felt a little freer.

Warren: He laughs. I really miss drugs.

Billy: I wanted to get back in the studio right away. Cut a new album. Turn the page. But that song wouldn't quit.

Graham: We got asked to join the bill at the Diamond Head Festival in Hawaii. It was our first shouw since, um... Well...

.