75

Omg thank you so much for such positive comments on  my previous message. I've replied to some of you, will reply to the rest soon but please know that it meant a lot and I was almost on the verge of tears 

Love you all and here is a long new chapter as a gift ❤️

Please comment and spread your love!

*** Vaishnavi ***

"Wow," the Panditji admired, "This is the most adorable painting I've ever seen in my life."

"Adi drew it, Panditji," I smiled.

"Really?" the Panditji looked at Adi surprised, "Beta, you are so talented!"

Adi smiled.

"I'll put this near Devi ma's feet tomorrow during pooja and then bring it back to the palace," he added, "Would that be alright?"

"Of course, panditji," Adi replied, "Just make sure the general does not know we were here."

"Certainly beta," the panditji replied, "I will keep it a secret." "Also Vaishu," he said turning towards me, "Today we did a special pooja and it is believed that the sacred kumkum when kept in mandir will do good to the family. Let me get it for..."

Panditji paused when we heard footsteps.

"General," Adi immediately recognized and dragged me away.

His snake ears help sometimes!

The preist understood the act as well and took a step forward to greet the general while we hid behind the nearby walls.

"What brings you here, sir?" Panditji asked the general.

"Amma said you did some pooja today, panditji," the general replied, "Just wanted to check if you have any of that sacred kumkum for me to take back to the Queen."

"Only for the Queen," Adi whispered offended, "Nothing for me! Idiot!"

I chuckled and the general immediately turned his attention in our direction.

"Vaishu," Adi whispered furstrated and pulled me away.

*** Nanda ***

"Who is that?" I asked the preist.

"Must be my daughter, sir," the preist replied.

"Oh," I said, yet a part of me did not believe him. It sounded very similar to the Queen's voice. So I immediately rushed to towards that side....but was too late....the only thing I noticed is the end of a chunni flying as someone ran away in the rain....I know that chunni very well....it belongs to the Queen.

Stupid Adi with his stupid 7 hour interrogation has decided to escape the palace, huh?

I will show him what his big brother can do!

Be prepared for a 24 hour interrogation Adi!

I thought to myself and thanked Kalika Devi before leaving to the palace, to catch the criminal red-handed but unfortunately amma showed up out of nowhere.

"Kanna, I got you an umbrella," she said stopping me on my way to the palace with an umbrella in her hand.

"Not needed, amma. I need to be somewhere important," I said trying to hurry.

"But Kanna, it's raining," she replied innocently.

"Fine, I'll..." I tried to take the umbrella but then realized she only has one which means I'll have to drop her home before I go to the palace or let her get wet....