55

I am having a bad day, so I thought I'll atleast make yours better.

Please vote and comment, enjoy!

The more comments and votes I get the sooner the next chapter will be out ❤️

*** Vaishnavi ***

Who ends a kiss with a warning?

My Patidev!

"You better say no to that lady before sunset, love, because after that I will be forced to take action as the king and trust me, the consequences will not be pretty." were his exact words.

Words that he spoke a moment after he kissed and told me that his reflection is my eyes is the version of himself that he likes the most.

What's scarier is the fact that he meant every single word of his warning, as much as he meant every single word of his love.

The clock is ticking. There are only a few minutes left and I don't know what to do. 

I just confronted Meihu....why am I thinking so much about confronting this lady....perhaps because she is actually a nice person....whose been nothing but kind to me....or perhaps because I overthink a lot and that makes me wonder if she actually has a legit reason but is somehow uncomfortable sharing.

Whatever it is....I need to hurry up....maybe I should ask the general for help...or Sruthi....yes that's a good idea...Sruthi can talk on my behalf....

I immediately rushed outside only to be met by a soldier at the door.

"Your highness," he bowed, "the king wants to see you." 

Wants? Not requested? 

I don't like where this is going.

"I will meet him in 10 minutes," I said.

"Apologies, your highness," the soldier replied, "He specifically mentioned now."

My heart skipped a beat. Am I in trouble?

"Shush Vaishu, stop thinking," I repeated to calm myself down as I walked towards his meeting chambers. The corridors were all empty with no soldiers guarding. 

This isn't a good sign.

As I slowly opened the door of his chambers, I prayed for him to be in a good mood.

He wasn't because the first thing I noticed is the report in his hand.

The leave report of the Queen's cabinet!

"Close the door," he said when he noticed my presence.

Time to run away to my white knight.

As I still contemplated if it's too late, I felt the door beside me shutting.

Adi has already walked towards me and is now standing right infront of me after shutting the door himself.

Too late!

*** Sruthi ***

"Beta that's a wrong move," Kanda said when Pallavi made one of her tokens jump from one end to the other and killed his token."

"I know but can you pretend it's not and make me win," Pallu replied.

"That's stup-" the general paused and looked at me.

Yeah he might not use the word stupid but he isn't going to accept defeat either.

I mean I had first hand experience with how competitive he could get.....