Chapter 1-The Caretaker

Lt. Commander Tessina Sevira was sitting in her office at the New Zealand Penal colony, when her door opened, she looked up trying not to smile, Tom Paris walked in, the only person allowed to open her door without knocking, the only person she'd see if he didn't have an appointment.

"Tom, what can I do for you?" Tessina asked fiddling with a pen, she smirked, being a Betazoid she was telepathically and an empath, she stood up and sat next to Tom, "I'm going to teach you something my cousin Deanna taught..." Tessina hesitated "her friend, William Riker" Tom looked interested  "I'm gonna take a guess and say 'her friend' was a boyfriend" said Tom, Tessina nodded "they're married now, with two kids" said Tessina. "what's the thing you're teaching me?" Tom asked, "how to read my thoughts when I telepathically express them to you and how to talk to me telepathically" said Tessina, so that's what they did, by 2370 the two could communicate without saying a word to each other.

It was 2371 when Tessina reaslised she'd fallen in love with Tom Paris, she didn't want to ruin their friendship, sometimes she call him Imzadi the Betazoid word for 'beloved' Tom technically wasn't an official patient he just sometimes came to see Tessina when he wanted a friend or needed someone to talk to. When someone arrived in Tessina's office "can I help you?" Tessina asked. "I'm Captain Kathryn Janeway, I have a job for you" said the woman, Tessina being a Starfleet officer and Lt. Commander should be wearing a uniform but while at the colony it was decided she'd only wear the black pants and heeled boots they offer for the woman, because of the heels that Kathryn also wore it meant they were the same height.

Tessina offed Kathryn a seat, "my ship will need someone mister Paris knows well, after asking around and asking his parole officer it all lead me to you, Tessina Sevira, a Betazoid counsellor, cousin to Deanna Troi, a member of the fifth house of Betazed. "You've read about me" mused Tessina "and heard about you, I understand you've got a friendship with mister Paris" said Kathryn, Tessina nodded "I need you to come aboard Voyager, I'll explain it all if you can help me find mister Paris" said Kathryn. Tessina agreed to help. 

Unhappy with a new treaty, Federation Colonists along the Cardassian border have banded together.

Calling themselves 'The Maquis', they continue to fight the Cardassians.Some consider them heroes, but to the governments of the Federation and Cardassia, they are outlaws.

A massive Cardassian ship is firing at a tiny little vessel. "Damage report." said Chakotay, he seemed to be a Native American with a tattoo on his forehead above his right eyebrow. "Shields at sixty percent." said the Vulcan, he was named Tuvok and was actually undercover. "A fuel line has ruptured. Attempting to compensate. Damn it! We're barely maintaining impulse. I can't get any more out of it." said B'Elanna, she was a half Klingon half Human, raised on Kronos the Klingon homeworld "be creative!" snapped Chakotay, "how am I supposed to be creative with a thirty nine year old rebuilt engine?" asked B'Elanna "Maquis ship, this is Gul Evek of the Cardassian Fourth Order. Cut your engines and prepare to surrender or we will d..." said Gul Evek on the viewscreen, Chakotay cuts the transmission.

"Initiating evasive pattern omega. Mark." said Chakotay, "shields at fifty percent." said Tuvok. "I need more power if we're going to make it to the Badlands." said Chakotay, when B'Elanna came up with an idea. "Take the weapons offline. We'll transfer all power to the engines." she said, "considering the circumstances, I question that proposal at this time." said Tuvok. "What does it matter? We're not making a dent in their shields anyway! You wanted creative." said B'Elanna. "Tuvok, shut down all the phaser banks. If you can give me another thirty seconds at full impulse, I'll get us into the Badlands." said Chakotay. "Phasers offline." said Tuvok.

"Throw the last photons at them and then give me the power from the torpedo system." said Chakotay. "Acknowledged. Firing photons." answered Tuvok, two torpedoes explode against the Cardassian ship. "Are you reading any plasma storms ahead?" asked Chakotay. "One. Co-ordinates one seven one, mark four three." replied Tuvok. "That's where I'm going." said Chakotay sitting back down in the pilot seat "plasma storm density increasing by fourteen percent. Twenty. Twenty five." said Tuvok. "Hold on!" said Chakotay.