Chapter 1 - The beginning

My diary...

Top ten reasons why I'm known as the weird girl of the school-

1. My name. Actually, that's not exactly my fault. My name is Valentina Brown. Everyone thinks Valentina is an odd name, is it?
A small history about it- My birthday is on 14th February and my parents who are so 'in love' with each other that they decided to give me this name. My brother was named George. Couldn't they just call him Valentino and me Georgina? Well, nothing is fair in this word, that's for sure.

2. My hair is constantly tied up; either in a bun, pony or braids. I don't see where the weirdness in it is. My hair is too long (till my waist) to manage and leave it hanging over my back.

3. I never wear skirts, be it mini or full length and sleeveless tops. Um, I just don't like revealing type of clothes. Yep, I'm old fashioned.

4. Never dated or had a boyfriend. The girls in my school think that I'm a lesbian. BUT I AM NOT!

5. I'm teacher's pet. No students know me, but I'm famous among teachers. Yeah, it just proves how much of a geek I am.

6. I'm totally into books. Like, I can read a novel AND study for my exams.

7. I have a cell phone, laptop, iPod and car (which I share with my twin) but I use them all very rarely, well, except for the phone. That's my lifeline!

8. I go by bus, even though I have a car and a license.

9. I have never broken any rule. I'm not a troublemaker.

10. Never been invited to a party—wait, that's not true. I've been invited to ALL the parties, but I don't go. Well, I'm not a party girl. 

These are the things that make me weird. Though I'm perfectly sure it's not. I prefer to believe that I'm the odd man out among all the girls. These things make me a unique separate person. What's more interesting than being the different person altogether right?

**************

I was sitting alone in the cafeteria with my tray full of junk food. Today was the first day of school and my senior year, and I was already cast out. Whatever, I had much better things to do than sit with the so-called popular people.

I took out the new teen book which I had recently purchased online this summer. This was the hundredth teen book which I was reading. No kidding. Besides spending time with Amanda and my family during the summer holidays, I had read so many books that now I was almost aware of what happens in high schools, especially senior year.

I glanced at the cheerleaders. Yep, most of them were arrogant snobs and bullies. The football and the hockey players, well, they treated the girls the same way they treated their ball or puck- A toy.  I watched the captain of the football team, Maxwell Grant kissing the head cheerleader. My twin brother, George, was sitting with his best friend Adam Marks, clearly savoring the scene Max was showing them.

All my thoughts were shoved aside when I saw my best friend Amanda Walter walking towards my table. I waved at her when our eyes met and smiled.

"Tina, Is there a day when I can see you without books?" She sat next to me and placed a tray full of different salads on the table.

She was very health conscious and always had the thought that she was fat. I tried to tell her many times she wasn't but to no avail. Her cheeks were round and soft, and there was no ounce of fat anywhere in her body. Her ice-blue eyes were her best feature. They were so blue it almost seemed fake.