Kill Me Now

"Dinner was lovely, Emily." Grandpa said, taking another sip from his glass of whiskey.

"Mira does make a perfect cassoulet." Grandma said, wiping her chin with a tissue.

"Who's Mira?" I asked my Grandmother who drank wine aswell as my mother.

"Our cook." She replied to me.

"I thought the cook was Heidi." Lorelai added.

"Oh, no. We let Heidi go months ago. She has a problem closing things: the door, the refrigerator-

"The liquor bottle." Grandpa finished

"Then it was Trina, then Sophia." Grandma added.

"I liked Sophia."

My grandma had a smile on her face.
"You did not."

"I didn't?" He asked.

"She was the one who sang." She said, smiling at Rory.

"Ohh, thats right. Terrible woman." Grandpa said and pretended to shiver whilst looking over at me.

"And after Sophia, we had Anton." Grandma added.

"That's right. Anton was the one that I liked." Grandpa claimed, he was probably wrong about it again. What could Anton do? Not clean the floors enough? Not polish Grandpa's shoes?

"I'm sorry, Dad. How do you mix up Anton and Sophia?" Lorelai asked.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"One is a man, and one is a woman." Lorelai laughed, looking at me, claiming the obvious.

"And your point being?" He asked.

"That one is a man, and one is a woman." She added again.

"I have a lot to do in a day, Lorelai. I don't have time to keep up with the multitudes of people your mother employs." He said.

"But one is a man, and one is a woman." She added yet again.

The cook brought out the cake and it was a nice vanilla cake which chocolate on top.

"Thank you, the dinner was wonderful, Mira." I said as she turned to me with a stone cold look.

"It's Sarah." She said then walked away.

I turned over to my grandmother who sat as puzzled as me.

"Grandma, her name is Sarah!" I said.

"I thought she said Mira." Grandma replied, drinking a glass of wine.

"Hey, grandma. These plates are really pretty." Rory said.

"Thank you. They were your great-grandmother's." Grandma replied to Rory as my mother was shaking her head feeling bad after confusing the maid like that.

"Lorelai the first." My grandpa added.

"I thought mom was the first?" I asked drinking from my wine glass as my mother looked over to my grandfather.

"Not in the name." Grandma replied.

"No, but in so many other things, I was a regular trailblazer. Just finishing your thoughts, mom." Lorelai smiled sarcastically.

"Lorelai the first was my mother. She was an extremely accomplished equestrian, a distinguished patron of the arts and was also known for her world famous masquerade balls." Grandpa said.

My phone started to ring and my Grandma immediately blamed Lorelai before I apologised and left the room quickly.

"Hello?" I asked.