PILOT

I was walking through town with my sister, Rory, going over to Luke's to meet my mother and have a small coffee date. We got inside Luke's and sat down as Lorelai gave Rory stuff she had stolen, her CD and a lip gloss which I'm pretty sure is mine.

My mom went to Luke and as me and Rory had settled down, a boy came over and started speaking to us about how him and his friend are passing through to Hartford.

"Yeah, I've never been through here before." He said before immediately turning around to Lorelai

"Oh, you have, too." She said to him.

"Oh, Hi." He said.

"Oh, Hi." She said to him, putting down our cups of coffee. "You really like my table, don't you?"

"I was just, uh." He said before my mom had cut him off.

"Getting to know my daughter." She said.

"Your-

"Are you my new daddy?" Rory said, getting a laugh out of me.

She seemed shocked that I had laughed at one of her jokes. Normally I'm the grouch of the trio or more like the grown up.

"Wow, you do not look old enough to have two daughters. And you don't look like- like daughters." He said.

"That's possibly very sweet of you. Thanks." Lorelai said.

The two were speaking but I had left them to get a croissant from Luke.

"Hey kiddo." He said, picking a croissant from the display.

"Hey Luke." I said. "How are things?"

"Stop acting like a grown up and eat your food. But look at this. A croissant and coffee? Didn't you get taught about what to eat? This will mess up your nervous system." He said.

"And goodbye Luke." I said smiling as I sat down on the chairs.

"You're in a good mood today." Lorelai said to me, drinking her coffee.

"Chilton came for a debate thing and I beat this girl. Called Paris or something? Face so red, kind of like a beetroot." I said, eating my food.

__

The next day, me, Rory and Lane went to school. On the way, Lane was turning into her rockstar self.

"When are you going to let your parents know that you listen to evil rock music?" I asked Lane as she put on her Woodstock shirt. "You're an American teenager for god's sake."

"Hilary, if my parents still get obscene over the portion size of American food, I seriously doubt I'm going to make any inroads with Eminem." Lane said. " I have to go to that."

Lane pointed to the Teen Hayride display that was happening this Thursday.

"The hayride? You're kidding?" Rory asked.

"My parents set me up with the son of a business associate." Lane said. "He's going to be a doctor."

"Miss Gilmore, could I borrow you for a moment?" Mrs Pulliam, our head teacher, said, bringing me over to a boy by the doors. "This is Dean Forester, a new student here at Stars Hollow. Please do your very best to keep him in shape with his lessons today."

"Of course, Mrs Pulliam." I said.

Me and Dean walked inside, not saying a word except some small 'hellos'.

"This is english class, first lesson today." I said to him.

"Do we get to read our own books?" He asked me.

"Sometimes, why? Are you a bit of a book boy?" I asked.

"Yeah, reading the Great Gatsby at the moment, have you read it?" He asked me.

"No, I'm not into books. My sister is though, her name is Rory." I said.

"Well, I'm sure it will be nice to see her."

__

Rory and Lane went to Lane's mother's antique shop so I decided to go to Luke's to get coffee before meeting up with Rory to go to the Independence Inn.

"Hey, Luke." I said to Luke as he got the coffee jug.

"Are you just assuming I'm having coffee? What if I were going for something different?" I exclaimed, jokingly to him.

"Were you going for something else?" He asked.

"No but-

"Then be quiet and drink your coffee." He said to me.

I sat down at a table, before realising someone had already taken the table in-front of me.

"Oops, sorry." I said to him, getting up.

"No, It's okay. Sit." He said to me, looking up at me and smiling, creepily as if he knew me.

"Are you from here? I don't recognise you." I asked.

"No, I live in Hartford. My dad came here for business so I decided to see if there was a decent place to get food." He said. 

"Well, this is certainly the right place for it." I nodded.

"Do you go to Stars Hollow High?" He asked.

"Yeah, but I really want to change schools. The people at mine are honestly so horrible."

"Oh, I'm sorry about that." He said to me.

Luke came over to our table, eyeing the boy up and down before asking me if I wanted anything else to eat.

"I'm all good, Luke. Actually, I have to go if I'm seeing Lorelai at the Inn." I said to him.

"You're going? Already?" He said to me.

"Yeah, but I'll see you again." I said.

"Wait, get my number." He said to me.

"No thanks." I said before walking out the door then stopping by the traffic lights.

No thanks? No Thanks? Did i somehow go blind and not see the amazingly beautiful boy in Luke's or was I dreaming? Would it be rude of me to go back in and change my mind? I can't now. It's just plain stupid.

__

I got to the Inn and went into the kitchen with Rory to my mother and Sookie who were giggling excessively hard.

"You're happy." Rory said to Lorelai.

"Yeah." She said smiling back.

"Did you do something slutty?" I asked.

"I'm not that happy." She laughed with Sookie.

Me and Rory exchanged some looks before turning to the pair.

"I didn't know Sookie knew how to make edibles." I said.

"What are edibles?" Rory asked.

"Nothing!" Lorelai said sternly.

She handed us two bags of which had blue skirts in them.

"I'm going to be in a Britney Spears video?" Rory's face lit up, actually thinking she would be in any sort of contact with Britney.

"You wish. Mom what's going on?" I asked looking at her, then at Sookie who was going to crack.

"You're going to Chilton!" Sookie shouted before me and Rory started screaming and hugging each other.

"How did this happen? You didn't, with the principal did you?" I asked.

"That was a joke." Lorelai said. "They have two open spots, you're going to start on Monday!"

Rory and Lorelai hugged as I watched Sookie do some sort of attempt at dancing. We left and we went home and Rory called Lane as I thought about that boy, the boy I left in Luke's.

__

Ok you guys. You BEST enjoy this bc I stayed up until 2:34 am to finish this.

1178words (including AN)

- V