PILOT #2

The day went past very quickly and Rory and I were trying on our skirts.

"Mom?" Rory said as we went out onto the porch where Sookie and my mother were drinking wine and chatting. "So what do you think?"

Me and Rory stood there waiting for their thoughts on the skirts which I had rolled up a bit higher than my knees, I wasn't going to have a skirt down to my ankles, I mean, who would?

"It makes you look smart!" Sookie exclaimed, smiling as she looked at our skirts.

"Okay, no more wine for you. Mom?" Rory asked.

"Well, Hilary's fits her perfectly but you, you look like you were swallowed by a kilt." Mom said.

"Fine, you can hem it. Only a little." She said as my mother grew a big smile on her face and led us to her sewing drawers.

"Or I could hem it a lot." Lorelai said.

"No, I don't want it too short." Rory said, getting pushed into perfect position to start the arts and crafts at, 9:47pm. "I can't believe tomorrow's our last day at Stars Hollow high. Today I was so excited I dressed for gym."

"You're kidding!" Lorelai said, shocked that Rory had participated in sports.

"And I played volleyball-

"Mom, can I quickly go out?" I asked her, taking my skirt off to my baggy jeans.

"Where are you going?" She asked me as the eyes of Rory, Lorelai and Sookie were practically digging into me.

"I left something at Luke's when I went to get coffee this morning." I said to her.

"Coffee? Without me and Rory? Shame on you." She laughed. "My keys are by the door."

I nodded and left the three and went straight to Luke's.

__

What didn't cross my mind was the fact that Luke closed early today so I wouldn't be able to ask him if he knew that boys name or any security footage so I can make wanted posters all over Stars Hollow.

I walled through the cold night town and saw some friendly faces like Ms Patty.

"Hi Ms Patty. Closing up for tonight?" I asked her as I watched her lock up the dance studio.

"Thank goodness I'm closing up. Some mothers decided to ask for extra lessons for their daughters who couldn't 'perform well' for their Little Miss Darling event in Hartford." She said to me as she walked me back to my car. "What are you doing this late out?"

"I was going to see if Luke was still open, I had a question I wanted to ask but I didn't get the change to." I said to her.

"Well, you best get home, it's almost ten o'clock and Lorelai might start getting worried." She said. "Congratulations on the acceptance to Chilton by the way my sweet. That school is very hard to get into but not too hard for you and our little Rory."

"How did you find out about Chilton?" I asked her as I started to get into my mother's car.

"Well, my darling, I'm Ms Patty. I know everything and everyone." She said to me.

Everyone? This may be an awfully long stretch but could she know mystery boy? Maybe not. But there is no harm in asking, right?

Patty had already started to walk to her car so I'd have to wait until tomorrow to see her. Gosh, this boy. I only knew him all of five minutes yet he was practically running around my mind, stuck like a tattoo.

__

The next day, me and Rory were moving the stuff out of our lockers and whilst she was speaking to Lane, I overheard some girls talking behind me.