Chapter 53

The bedroom curtains were pulled halfway, allowing the morning sunlight to slant in, falling perfectly onto the white armchair not far from the foot of the bed.

The man's shirt and trousers intertwined with the woman's dress, haphazardly draped over the backrest.

Liang Xian opened his eyes and found that his arms seemed to be empty.

He turned his head slightly.

The first thing he saw was the woman's delicate back, covered by her long, dark curls. The slender butterfly bones were exposed to the air, and when illuminated by the natural light in the room, they had a faint, exquisite texture.

The thin straps of her sleep gown meandered over her butterfly bones, disappearing into the covers.

Ming Si was clingy when she slept.

Like a cat, she loved snuggling into his arms. Sometimes when Liang Xian woke up early, he had to wrestle with her a bit to pry her away.

But at this moment, she was sleeping far away.

And she was facing away from him.

Liang Xian wasn't too satisfied with that. He stretched out his arm and pulled her back into his embrace.

Ming Si frowned, murmuring something unclear. After a while, she kicked him lightly and turned, putting some distance between them.

Be it was her expression, tone, or actions, they all conveyed a sense of genuine disdain.

She was actually still asleep, and in her drowsiness, she felt like she had been dragged into a dreadful embrace and instinctively wanted to break free.

After shifting to a position near the edge of the bed, Ming Si's internal radar went off. She felt that if she moved any further, she might fall off. So, she decided to stay put.

Suddenly, she felt someone embrace her from behind.

Ming Si tried to push but found no leverage. After a few attempts, she mustered the effort to open her eyes and weakly said, "I'm still sleepy."

"Uh-huh, sleep," Liang Xian murmured near her ear, "You might fall off."

His voice was soft and it was soothing to hear. It made her feel like she could easily calm down.

Ming Si gradually relaxed; the fleeting thought of maybe I shouldn't let him hold me was overwhelmed by sleepiness. She allowed him to wrap his arms around her waist and slowly closed her eyelids.

When she woke up again, she couldn't discern the time.

The bedroom was still darkened by the blackout curtains, but the bright sunlight seeped through the gap at the foot of the bed, signaling that it was no longer early morning.

Although Ming Si was awake, her body was still heavy with fatigue. She felt too lazy to move. After a few seconds of dazing around, she lifted her head slightly and saw the man's smooth jawline. Suddenly, she remembered what happened last night, and her eyelids twitched. She rolled over, wanting to move away.

Throughout the morning, Liang Xian had been lightly dozing. He had noticed the restless movements in his embrace as soon as she woke up. Before Ming Si could extricate herself, he pulled her waist and brought her back.

She let out a sound and immediately frowned, "Ouch, it hurts..."

When she was moving earlier, she had felt a tight, sore sensation around her waist and abdomen. Combined with Liang Xian's forceful grip, she was practically tossed back onto the pillow.