Chapter 36

Ming Si was stunned for a moment, then gently sniffed and blinked, a tear slid down her cheek. She quickly wiped it away and said, "I didn't cry."

She raised her head, seemingly wanting to prove something to him. Her long hair slipped about half an inch from his hand, delicate and soft like silk.

Liang Xian's hand naturally fell down as he softly said, "Good girl."

If she cried again, he really wouldn't know what to do.

His low and gentle voice, along with the night breeze, reached Ming Si's ears. She wanted to say something but didn't know what to say, so she lowered her head and waited for her emotions to calm down.

Before she could regain her composure, Ke Lijie's voice sounded not far away, "Hey, I've been looking for you two for a long time. What are you doing here?"

Ming Si subconsciously looked up and found Ke Lijie, Cheng Yu, and Yu Chuan behind him, all looking over with curious gazes.

"Appreciating flowers? These roses do smell nice," Ke Lijie didn't notice anything unusual at first. He walked over, still talking, until he sensed that something was off between the two, and then carefully looked at Ming Si... Why did she seem like she had just been crying?

He paused in his footsteps, looked back and forth between the two of them several times, and asked with suspicion, "Did you two... have another argument?"

It was embarrassing to be found crying by so many people.

Ming Si wanted to explain, but she couldn't, knowing that her voice would surely be hoarse if she spoke now, and that would be even more embarrassing. So she quickly averted her gaze and remained silent for a while.

Liang Xian simply said, "No."

Ke Lijie waited for him to continue, but he didn't say anything else.

There was no credibility at all.

The two parties involved seemed calm, but it was weird. Cheng Yu couldn't stand it any longer, "Hey, how come you two are more childish than me? It's your engagement day, can't you solve whatever issue you have properly through communication? Look, look, one of you even cried!"

He sighed for a moment and then, with an imposing manner, hands on his hips, he looked like he was going to stand up for Ming Si and asked, "Brother Xian, did you bully Ming Si again?!"

Every time Cheng Yu appeared, the scene would become chaotic. He always had this magical ability to turn peacemaking into a quarrel.

In fact, from childhood to adulthood, nine out of the ten times Ming Si and Liang Xian argued, it was she who started it, but every time Cheng Yu would force Liang Xian to apologize.

Ming Si couldn't keep a straight face and wasn't sure why she found this amusing.

Liang Xian was about to speak, but then he saw her trying to suppress a laugh. He held back his words and instead responded casually, "So what if I did?"

Cheng Yu didn't actually think Liang Xian had bullied Ming Si. He just wanted to clarify things, but he didn't expect Liang Xian to admit it and act as if he didn't care.

"Scumbag!" Cheng Yu got really angry this time, like a lit firecracker, he scolded angrily, "You better apologize to Ming Si!"

"Alright, alright," Ke Lijie was afraid that things would get more chaotic, so he quickly held Cheng Yu back, "Brother Xian was just speaking out of anger. You should calm down first!"

"Why should I calm down?!" Cheng Yu became stubborn, not listening to anyone, "Don't you know that when Ming Si got drunk last time, Liang Xian threw her into flower bushes at the doorstep and left her there freezing all night! Although he said it was because of company matters, he still can't do that, right?"