Chapter 10

Around 7 o'clock in the evening, as dusk fell, the sky transitioned from light blue to deep red, seemingly as if covered with a layer of hazy dim mist. In the distance, the lights of mountain villas shone brightly. The elongated Bentley moved slowly along the inclined road, heading up the slope.

It was on the way that Ming Si learned the purpose of this trip.

Tonight was a private auction hosted by the renowned philanthropist, Yu Yaode. Mr. Yu made his fortune in shipping and established a massive commercial empire. After stepping back from the frontlines of business, he devoted himself wholeheartedly to charity work.

However, while engaged in philanthropy, he also had a down-to-earth hobby——matchmaking.

For some reason, he had taken a liking to matchmake Liang Xian, and he had subtly brought up the idea countless times recently. Unfortunately, Liang Xian couldn't reveal the truth about the engagement yet, rendering him unable to respond honestly.

Liang Xian took her along to attend the event, partly to show support and also to gently decline.

After hearing the situation, Ming Si leaned back in the spacious seat, her left hand supporting her right arm as she rested her chin on her hand, pretending to think, "If you want me to act, there should be a performance fee, right?"

Liang Xian glanced at her sideways and raised an eyebrow, "How much?"

"At least a seven-figure, or more," she made a considerable offer.

After all, it was just a boring journey, and she was casually messing around.

Liang Xian scrutinized her from head to toe, seemingly weighing whether she was worth that price.

Ming Si felt a bit uncomfortable under his gaze and lowered her arms slightly, giving him a warning look, "What's with you sizing me up?"

If she were a cat, her fur would probably be slightly puffed up by now.

It had been like this since they were young, constantly teasing each other.

Liang Xian had a teasing remark at the tip of his tongue but held it back.

He lightly tapped the armrest and suddenly smiled, "You can have the bidding paddle, bid on whatever you like."

He said it casually, with a relaxed expression, as if it wasn't a big deal at all. The lamplight from outside the car window cast a faint edge on his profile.

Ming Si shifted her gaze away, suddenly feeling a bit disinterested, "Forget it."

She could tell that Liang Xian had wanted to retort, but for some reason, he held back.

In that instant, Ming Si had a strange thought.

It was still better to have a confrontational relationship with Liang Xian, just like when they were kids.

The conversation just now made her feel like punching cotton, leaving her without a response. It made her uncomfortable.

In the courtyard of the mountain villa, luxury cars were already parked.

This stretch of road in the courtyard was undoubtedly a prime opportunity for socializing. Celebrities from various fields stepped out of their cars and didn't rush to move forward, engaging in lively conversations along the way.

As they approached the steps, someone whispered, "That's Jinghong's car."

Everyone stopped in their tracks and looked towards the courtyard.

A black extended Bentley Mulsanne came to a halt in front of the red carpet, with its headlights shining bright yellow, showing off its extravagance. The valets stationed in the front yard of the villa immediately came forward and opened one of the car doors.