Chapter 35

Ming Si didn't associate his having second thoughts comment with her behavior just now and asked in confusion, "What do you mean?"

As she spoke, she looked up at Liang Xian.

At this moment, the two of them were close together. Liang Xian slightly bent his waist, and from her angle, Ming Si could see his Adam's apple lightly moving.

For some reason, Ming Si quickly looked away and pretended to fan herself with her palm, remaining silent for a moment.

Liang Xian straightened up and asked her, "Feeling hot?"

Ming Si's hand hung in midair, just realizing what she was doing.

After a half-second pause, she put her hand down and casually placed it on her leg, "I'm fine."

Today, she was wearing a delicate crown adorned with pink pearls and diamonds. Her long black hair was gathered on the right side, and each strand of hair seemed meticulously curled, creating a casually lazy and just-right look.

At this moment, she slightly turned her face, her champagne-pink chiffon gown complementing her fair and translucent skin. The hem of the skirt meandered on the floor, while the exquisite lace petals and hand-stitched beads sparkled under the light.

She sat there like this, bathed in the soft light, sweet with a hint of playfulness, her skin having a hazy whiteness, so beautiful it seemed unreal.

Liang Xian lightly flicked his fingers, seemingly unable to find a place to rest them, and finally inserted them back into his trouser pocket.

"Second thoughts about what?" Ming Si changed her posture and leaned against the back of the sofa, tilting her head to look at him, vaguely guessing something, "About marrying you?"

Liang Xian took a seat on the adjacent chair and responded with a simple En.

He already understood that there was a misunderstanding just now, but for some reason, he still wanted to know the answer.

"No, I'm not having second thoughts, nor do I regret it," unexpectedly, Ming Si gave a straightforward answer. Her tone was relaxed, "As you said, if it wasn't you, they would find someone else, so I might as well marry someone familiar. It's the same for me. And..."

She paused, her gaze scrutinizing him from head to toe.

Liang Xian raised an eyebrow slightly, "And what?"

Ming Si supported her chin and looked at him, her eyes carrying a hint of playfulness, "Guess for yourself."

As the protagonists of the engagement banquet, it was not appropriate for them to be absent from the main venue for too long. After a while, the makeup artist and stylist politely knocked on the door and entered.

Ming Si went into the VIP lounge's compartment and came out again, wearing a silver-gray trailing long dress. Her black hair was tied up, with a few strands loosely left to form gentle curls, exuding an aura of elegance and charm.

She rarely dressed like this, but it looked exceptionally beautiful.

As one of the top five-star hotels in Pingcheng, the Jiali Hotel's design had a classical touch. In the center of the hotel was a hexagonal glass conservatory with a pointed roof, where roses of expensive varieties from all over the world were planted. Many of these roses had made high-profile appearances at the Chelsea Flower Show and even sold for over twenty million.

When these rare roses were first introduced, Ming Si was among the first to be invited to appreciate them. However, that was during the day, and now, under the night sky, the rose garden was bathed in a soft moonlight, exuding a different kind of romantic charm.