|#12. Valentine's Celebration-1|

Ruhana and Vineet share a quiet meal at the former’s home. Silence does all the talking for them, they believe that you need not speak all the time. Sometimes, things are understood better in silence, perceiving the proximity of each other. Their love doesn’t need a language, just some blinking eyes and warm smiles work for them. As Vineet leaves, Ruhana holds his hand, and he turns around, gazing at her.

“I am sorry, Vineet!”

“Tum sorry kyun keh rahi ho?” he asks, he’s surprised at her sudden apology.

“Maine tumhe duvidha mein daal diya hai naa

“Maine tumhe duvidha mein daal diya hai naa. Jo main chahti hoon, shaayad tumhare gharwale taiyar na ho.” She says, gazing at him doubtfully.

“Ruhana, tum kyun aisa soch rahi ho? I promise, main Ma se baat karta hoon, main jaanta hoon wo maan jayengi.”

“Lekin, Vineet, ye sab itna aasan bhi toh nahi hai.”

“Tum mujhpe bharosa karti ho na?” He asks, finding her doubtful and vulnerable at the moment, She nods positively.

“Toh phir kyun chinta karti ho? Ab tumhare sath sath Aarna bhi mere liye zaroori hai, meri family ka hissa hai, don’t worry

“Toh phir kyun chinta karti ho? Ab tumhare sath sath Aarna bhi mere liye zaroori hai, meri family ka hissa hai, don’t worry. You can trust me in this case.” Vineet said, cupping her face.

She says nothing but hugs him, instead. He embraces her in his arms and kisses her head, before leaving, assuring her that things will eventually fall into place.

*****
The next few days pass in a blur. Aarna has also returned from her trip and has many stories to tell her sister. She has been like this since childhood. She always has plenty to tell her sister and she expects the same from her sister as well. It’s Saturday, and, Ruhana has returned home from work early. She picked up Aarna from her college and the two of them rode back home. Like always, Aarna is babbling about her trip to Bangalore, while Ruhana is listening to her intently.

“Didu, the trip was very much fun. Bahut mazaa aaya, agar main nahi jaati toh bahut saara fun, miss ho jaata.” She says it cheerily.

“Achchi baat hai, Aari, toh batao aur kya kiya tumne?” Ruhana asks her.