#1. |Prologue|

Life isn't a cakewalk. You have to walk, fall, take a stand, fight, and make your own way to reach your destination. This is the best way to achieve success.

These are the thoughts of a young mind, a 14 years old girl, whom reality has hit hard. She's Ruhana Malhotra. She's sitting on the bed, and another girl, younger than her, is fast asleep beside her on the bed. Ruhana adores her little sister for a while, and suddenly, tears brim her eyes. She's unable to decipher her feelings. She needs to tell her sister something, and she doesn't know how the girl will react.

The young girl is 7 years old, and her name is Aarna Malhotra. She loves her elder sister immensely and abides by her words. Ruhana is staring at her, unable to express her feelings. There’s a grave reason, bugging her.
She is lost in her thoughts when someone nudges her.
.
.

“Di, why do you get lost in the past? Leave it. It happened, and it won’t happen again. Stop thinking about it! Kabhi kabhi meri baat sun liya karo, Didu." A young girl says.

She’s 18 years old, and the other girl is in her mid-twenties. These two are Aarna and Ruhana. The latter smiles, and Aarna glares at her.

“You should think of me, Didu

“You should think of me, Didu. You’ve got such a cute sister in my face. Aap Aladin ka chirag leke dhundhoge na toh bhi aapki dusri Aarna nahi milegi. Single piece banaya tha bhagwanji ne.” Aarna says it dramatically, causing Ruhana to giggle.

Ruhana pats her cheek playfully while Aarna hugs her. The girl has been with her friends the whole day, and she couldn’t be with her sister. It’s Saturday, so, Ruhana came home early.

“You should have called me, Aarna. I’d have come to pick you up.” Ruhana says,pats her cheek.

“Ishika dropped me

“Ishika dropped me. And I thought of letting you rest.” Aarna says and Ruhana shakes her head.

“You’re such a drama queen, Aarna! Come on, go and freshen up. I’ll prepare snacks and coffee.” Ruhana smiles and walks into the kitchen.

Aarna agrees and rushes into her bedroom, which is next to Ruhana’s room. The two sisters own a home in Mumbai now. It’s all about the savings that their parents left for them and Ruhana’s hard work.