.12

Daniel

"Aleks anything new?", I ask tapping my knuckles on the door three times.

It was our secret code developed in fear of being attack; when speaking about anything Blurryface oriented knock three times on anything softly. It was the only thing we could think of, but was proving useful as we both continued working to figure it out.

"Nope, thanks for asking though.", Aleks says glancing up. I nod before heading off on my way to my office.

When I reach it I sit down at my desk fully set on working I notice something. The notepad with everything we knew Blurryface wise was lying on my desk, flipped onto the first page. My eyes grow wide as I remember leaving it inside my desk, locked in yet there it lies on my desk while the draw was still locked.

Blurryface had been here.

Trying to remain calm I hurry to Jordan's office knocking softly three times before entering. The knocking was pointless though as Jordan didn't know the code so I received an odd look for my behavior.

"Jordan can we go get the mail from the po box?", I ask nervously.

"Can you go alone? I need to finish editing this."

"Jordan please.", I hiss.

Jordan lets out a sigh nodding as he stands up. I rush to the car getting in and waiting for Jordan keeping what Aleks said about him hearing you in mind. After driving for a while I decide it's safe and decide to spill everything to the very agitated Jordan next to me.

"Jordan I have to tell you something."

"What is it Dan that required you dragging me out here."

"Blurryface is coming to get me.", I blurt out.

"Wait whoa what?", Jordan asks blinking a few time.

"Aleks and I have been trying to figure out who or what Blurryface is it, and Blurryface found out I was after it. I'm pretty sure I'm dead Jordan.", I state.

"Wait you and Aleks have been conspiring?",Jordan exclaims.

"Yeah we have a code and shit, but that's not important, Jordan I'm gonna die and want you to know everything I do."

"Okay, but why here?"

"Because if you mention Blurryface around the office you're uh as good as dead. So don't talk about it in the office under any circumstances."

"Okay, anything else I should know?", Jordan snaps.

I shake my head not pleased with his tone, but understand. Jordan had all right to be upset possibility even made because we'd all be hiding things, and learning or revolting. No employees were completely clean, we were all dead or hiding things at this point.

"Dan, I should say something.", Jordan says bowing his head.

"What?"

"I uh I've seen it. The shadow, um Blurryface he follows me around the office. I don't know why though I haven't done anything...the only thing I've done is fight with the police over cameras and I lost that but it's like it's watching me closely or maybes patrolling the office."

We all really are hiding something.

"You've seen it? Jordan...jordan.", I say softly trailing off. There was only one thing that followed seeing him; death.

"W-What.", Jordan stutter looking terrified.

"Seamus saw him and shortly after...", I trail a finger across my neck to signify what exactly happened.

"So we're both gonna..."

"Unless something changes drastically I think so Jordan.."

Jordan

Dan and I are hiding. We're both huddled into a close, arms hugging our knees and terrified of our fate. I could hear it, Blurryface, outside pace the room like a cat waiting for it's prey. We were the prey and he was waiting for us to exit the closet.

We'd made a pact to stay in here for as long as we humanely could before we'd inevitably  have to leave. For me it was a waiting game.

A game where I'm waiting for a text from Kevin or a break in the footsteps outside. I'd like the latter more though.

So far neither had happened so I remained trapped in the small space trembling uncontrollably. Dan hadn't bothered to calm me down mainly because he was shaking himself from the same terror.

"Come out, come out kittens.", a voice hisses, and I swear it's like it's being whispered into my ear.

Gulping as goosebumps form on my skin at the ominous, almost serial killer like voice I look at Dan whose face is buried in hands soft sobs wracking his body. I advert my eyes back to my own lap feeling intrusive for seeing Dan in this state, he was too good for this.

A sound similar to nails on a chalkboard startles us further and at the point I'm clutching onto Dan for some sort of anchor. A mantra of "come out kittens" fills my eardrums making me hate the word more than anything, and let's me know the end is near, and not the one I'd hoped for.

"It's been nice knowing you Jordan.", Dan whispers. His voice breaks and trembles with each word, but he finally gets it out and I catch a glimpse, of his tear eyes when he looks at me.

These were our finally words, a confirmation that we were about to meet our horrid fate, and as much as I hated that I had to reply.

"It's been an honor Daniel.", I say as confident as I can. Needless to say I sound like a child instead of an adult.

Click

Then silence fills the room, and for a moment I think we're safe. It's too soon though as right after relief floods through me the door flies open revealing the shadowy figure I'd become so accustomed to seeing as of late. Dan and I let out blood curdling scream of terror at the sight of it from pure shock after believing we were safe briefly.

A hand poised like a gun is pressed to my forehead a gesture that's kid like until his thumb comes down as if he's pulling a trigger, and a loud gunshot is heard, then another before it all fades out for good.