.00

"Jordan!", Joe shouts. Ignoring his call I figure it was over something insignificant as per usual. My fingers continue to glide over the keys on my keyboard until another shriek of my name echoes through the office.

Groaning I push myself out of the plush office chair, stumbling down the hallway to Joes shared office. I look at him expecting a prank or some sort of shenanigans from him, but when he doesn't move I grow perplexed and impatient.

"What is it Joe?"

"We got a letter in the mail..", he trails off fidgeting slightly, "and I think you should read it."

Joe extends an arm allowing me to take the letter from him. I furrow my eyebrows as I grasp it firmly not comprehending Joes sense of urgency. My eyes sweep over the paper in hand, then again to let the somewhat menacing words sink in.

Dear Creatures,

you don't know who I am, but that's for the better then no authorities can cause complications. there's a strict set of rules you have to follow and comply with; you disobey then you'll face the punishment.

for this project, as I like to call it, you're going to follow these rules

1) do as I say
2) do not doubt me
3)overthink it, let your mind dwell
4)remember who's in charge, it's me not you
5)do not try to defy me.
6) do not ignore me
7) don't talk about me, no ones gonna believe you anyway
8) do not question my existence, I do exist, and I'm constantly in your presence.

break any of these and you'll face the consequences, and feel my wrath.
until next time, keep me in your thoughts

yours truly
-blurryface

"What do we do Jordan?", Joe asks his voice merely a whisper.

"Ignore it, it's most likely a fan playing some sort of wild prank.", I state. Joe nods his nervousness obvious as I hand the letter back to him.

"Okay, you're the boss man.", Joe chuckles. I nod before heading back down the hallway to my office.

With each clack of a key I feel eyes burning through me. Turning around I catch only the glimpse of a shadow before it's gone and in a bright red substance smeared across the glass balcony door read, "you don't want to ignore me Jordan".

A sudden tremor racks my body as pure terror courses through my veins. For what feels like ages but is truly only seconds I can't move. Every inch of my body feels like lead weighted down in the office chair I previously didn't want to leave, but now long to be far away from.

"Joe!", the only word I could manage to spit out.

Carefully I get up from the chair still shaking all over as I approach the glass door. A small wave of relief washes over me when I realize it's just some sort of expo marker that's been used to scrawl across the door, but not feeling completely secure either. Joe waltzes in with a smile on his lips that quickly dissipates when he notices the door.

"What the hell?", Joe asks as he comes forward to inspect it closer.

"I don't know..", I say softly.

"How did they-", I don't bother letting Joe finish though, "I don't know Joe."

"Do we contact the authorities?", he asks his voice now laced with fear. I debate it for a moment then remember what the letter said and shake my head.

"No but we need to alert the others."

Joe nods and takes off down the hallway with out another word while I continue to stare at the writing on the door. Taking off my ballcap I run my fingers through my hair then replace it unsure of what to do in this situation.

Feeling eyes on me, I turn to see everyone that worked in the office staring at me with wide eyes.

"Guys", I pause to collect my thoughts, looking down at the carpeted floor before looking back up at them. "This", I state pointing at the writing on the door, "is Blurryface, and he does indeed care what we think of him."

.

.

.
a/n
That ending though, totally not expected.
I'm really excited and am gonna put a lot of work into this I swear.
For the rules I tried to do a lot of things that go along with depression/anxiety or how it makes you feel and I hope that comes through.
.
.
.
ps. Who is Blurryface and why does he want me dead is gonna be v relevant in this